The original movie and series production arm of Seattle-based Amazon.com announced Monday it has ordered a "Zombieland" series pilot.
Customers are invited to view this and other pilots for free on Amazon Instant Video and LOVEFiLM UK, then review them.
Feedback will help determine which of the 13 pilots Amazon Studios will make into full-season productions to air on Prime Instant Video.
"'Zombieland' is a fan favorite and we can't wait to see where this story line goes in a serialized format," Roy Price, director of Amazon Studios, said in a statement. "We've been announcing a lot of exciting exclusive content for Prime Instant Video, like 'Downton Abbey,' 'Under the Dome,' and 'Justified,' and we think adding original shows to that lineup is going to make Prime even more enticing for customers."
Based on the hit Columbia Pictures movie of the same name, the pilot follows four survivors outwitting zombies and searching for a place to call home. It will co-star Kirk Ward, Maiara Walsh, Tyler Ross and Izabela Vidovic.
"'Zombieland' will strive to break the rules -- action, adventure, thrills, chills and laughs and all packed into a half-hour format," said creator Paul Wernick. "This is not your average show, but Amazon is not your average network."
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records
- Mo'Ne Davis a Big Winner Despite Loss
- Advocacy Group Calls for Chrysler Probe
- DHS Warns Retailers About Malware in Cash Registers
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map