The original movie and series production arm of Seattle-based Amazon.com announced Monday it has ordered a "Zombieland" series pilot.
Customers are invited to view this and other pilots for free on Amazon Instant Video and LOVEFiLM UK, then review them.
Feedback will help determine which of the 13 pilots Amazon Studios will make into full-season productions to air on Prime Instant Video.
"'Zombieland' is a fan favorite and we can't wait to see where this story line goes in a serialized format," Roy Price, director of Amazon Studios, said in a statement. "We've been announcing a lot of exciting exclusive content for Prime Instant Video, like 'Downton Abbey,' 'Under the Dome,' and 'Justified,' and we think adding original shows to that lineup is going to make Prime even more enticing for customers."
Based on the hit Columbia Pictures movie of the same name, the pilot follows four survivors outwitting zombies and searching for a place to call home. It will co-star Kirk Ward, Maiara Walsh, Tyler Ross and Izabela Vidovic.
"'Zombieland' will strive to break the rules -- action, adventure, thrills, chills and laughs and all packed into a half-hour format," said creator Paul Wernick. "This is not your average show, but Amazon is not your average network."
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go