New York (dpa) - Actress Tilda Swinton took a nap for art over the
weekend, sleeping inside a glass box at New York's Museum of Modern
The MoMA appearance was part of Swinton's installation, The Maybe, and neither the public nor the museum staff was informed beforehand that Swinton would appear, the New York Daily News reported Sunday.
Visitors could watch Swinton clad in jeans and blue blouse laying on a white mattress inside a glass case, her glasses folded at her side.
Swinton plans to return to the case for repeat, but unscheduled, performances. In her absence, the installation will contain only the mattress, a pillow, a sheet, a water bottle and glasses.
The Oscar-winning actress first performed The Maybe at London's Serpentine Gallery in 1995 and has also appeared in the performance art piece in Rome.
She won the Academy Award for best supporting actress for her role in the 2007 drama Michael Clayton.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation