CREWE, UNITED KINGDOM -- (Marketwire) -- 03/25/13 -- More and more people are choosing to go under the knife - but experts have warned that cosmetic surgery can go disastrously wrong if proper precautions are not taken.
Cosmetic surgery is one of the select band of industries that are currently booming, with over 210,000 procedures taking place in the UK last year and treatment rates up by almost 20% in the past four years.
The figures demonstrate just how mainstream it has become to have anything from a Botox injection to a more serious operation like breast augmentation.
And now Personal Injury Solicitor, which has several years' experience in handling cosmetic surgery negligence claims, has highlighted the dangers inherent in the industry.
A spokesperson said: "Cosmetic surgery is so ubiquitous nowadays that many people are fooled into thinking that it is a simple and risk-free thing to do.
"However, we know from the many people, especially women, who come to us with complications following a procedure that this is not always the case. More and more are suing for negligence because they have not received the expected duty of care."
Personal Injury Solicitor has identified several common issues that should be taken into consideration by prospective patients before even considering treatment.
- The industry is poorly regulated, meaning that certain clinics are putting profits before ethics by employing cheaper, unqualified doctors from abroad
- Many cosmetic issues are more psychological than physical, so patients often have unrealistic expectations of what can be achieved
- Breast augmentation or rhinoplasty (nose job) operations are extremely popular but things do sometimes go wrong, and in fact they are the two most commonly litigated procedures
- Some plastic surgeons can paint an idealistic picture of what can be achieved in a procedure, or put pressure on a patient to proceed when they are not absolutely sure
While most plastic surgeons are highly reputable, the rise in cosmetic surgery operations does mean that more patients are having an unsatisfactory experience without the required duty of care.
Part of Bentley Solicitors Limited, Personal Injury Solicitor has considerable expertise in the field of cosmetic surgery compensation. Its expert personal injury solicitors are used to helping patients through the medical negligence claims process in a straightforward and empathetic way.
For more information about cosmetic surgery claims, visit Personal Injury Solicitor or call 0800 998 1990.
Personal Injury Solicitor, Crewe
0800 998 1990
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Lady Gaga Roasts Self on Spit at SXSW
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Drake Wins Big MTV's Woodie Awards at SXSW