The state of Virginia, city of Hampton and Hampton University will sponsor a seminar aimed at educating small businesses and those owned by women and minorities about the bidding process for state contracts.
The "Access to Opportunity" event will be 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday at Hampton University's Student Center. It will include representatives of businesses and city and state agencies.
The cost is $50 and includes lunch. To register or for more information, go to the website of the Virginia Department of Minority Business Enterprise, www.dmbe.virginia.gov.
Participants may also see a screening of the movie "Lincoln" at 3 p.m. and attend a reception at 6 p.m. at the Hampton University Museum on "After the Emancipation: The Continuing Quest to Create Business Opportunity for Minorities and Women in Virginia."
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- U.S. Chamber to Run Ads in Idaho, W.Va.
- U.S. Unemployment Rate Dips to 7 Percent
- Consumer Spending Rises, Incomes Fall
- American Eagle Issues Weak Q4 Outlook
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day