The state of Virginia, city of Hampton and Hampton University will sponsor a seminar aimed at educating small businesses and those owned by women and minorities about the bidding process for state contracts.
The "Access to Opportunity" event will be 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday at Hampton University's Student Center. It will include representatives of businesses and city and state agencies.
The cost is $50 and includes lunch. To register or for more information, go to the website of the Virginia Department of Minority Business Enterprise, www.dmbe.virginia.gov.
Participants may also see a screening of the movie "Lincoln" at 3 p.m. and attend a reception at 6 p.m. at the Hampton University Museum on "After the Emancipation: The Continuing Quest to Create Business Opportunity for Minorities and Women in Virginia."
Most Popular Stories
- Kurdish Militia Still Lack Weapons, Training
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- Ebola Victim Was Sent Home by Dallas Hospital
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Group Offers Online Help for College Students
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Baker Hughes to Disclose Fracking Chemicals