The state of Virginia, city of Hampton and Hampton University will sponsor a seminar aimed at educating small businesses and those owned by women and minorities about the bidding process for state contracts.
The "Access to Opportunity" event will be 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday at Hampton University's Student Center. It will include representatives of businesses and city and state agencies.
The cost is $50 and includes lunch. To register or for more information, go to the website of the Virginia Department of Minority Business Enterprise, www.dmbe.virginia.gov.
Participants may also see a screening of the movie "Lincoln" at 3 p.m. and attend a reception at 6 p.m. at the Hampton University Museum on "After the Emancipation: The Continuing Quest to Create Business Opportunity for Minorities and Women in Virginia."
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction