The state of Virginia, city of Hampton and Hampton University will sponsor a seminar aimed at educating small businesses and those owned by women and minorities about the bidding process for state contracts.
The "Access to Opportunity" event will be 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday at Hampton University's Student Center. It will include representatives of businesses and city and state agencies.
The cost is $50 and includes lunch. To register or for more information, go to the website of the Virginia Department of Minority Business Enterprise, www.dmbe.virginia.gov.
Participants may also see a screening of the movie "Lincoln" at 3 p.m. and attend a reception at 6 p.m. at the Hampton University Museum on "After the Emancipation: The Continuing Quest to Create Business Opportunity for Minorities and Women in Virginia."
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- LivePro Is a Mobile Hot Spot, Projector in One
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- U.S. Economy Grows at Fastest Pace in 10 Years
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids