"Boy Meets World" alum William Daniels will reprise his role as Mr. Feeny for the pilot of Disney Channel's "Girl Meets World," The Hollywood Reporter said.
Daniels played history teacher and later college professor Mr. Feeny for the entirety of the original series' run, Boy Meets World," on ABC. He will now appear in the spinoff's pilot, though it is unclear if he will appear in future episodes should the series receive green light, The Hollywood Reporter said Saturday.
"Girl Meets World" picks back up on the story of Cory (Ben Savage) and Topanga (Danielle Fishel) as they raise two young children. The series will focus on the couple's 13-year-old daughter Riley (Rowan Blanchard).
"Boy Meets World" executive producer Michael Jacobs said in an interview in January "Whoever wants to be part of this show will be and whoever wants to move on will."
"The most important thing is to see what the show is and then see what their part in it will be," he said.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party
- 8 Million Signups Put Obamacare Ahead of Predictions