PUEBLA, Mexico, March 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- At the closing of Tianguis Turistico, celebrated in the city of Puebla, Mexico's Secretary of Tourism Claudia Ruiz Massieu and Puebla Governor Rafael Moreno Valle announced that event surpassed expectations, registering 26,288 business meetings and successfully promoted Mexico's tourist destinations on a global scale.
Tianguis Turistico Mexico is the primary platform for business and promotion of tourism in Mexico. This year 673 buyers (319 domestic and 354 from 42 countries), and representatives from the country's 32 states were in attendance.
Countries participating for the first time included Lithuania, Slovakia, Hungary, Turkey, Thailand, the Czech Republic, Puerto Rico and El Salvador.
In her closing message, Secretary Ruiz Massieu said that Puebla set a new benchmark for Tianguis Turistico as the first colonial city to host the event.
TIANGUIS TURISTICO MEXICO 2014
Secretary Ruiz Massieu announced that in 2014 Tianguis Turistico will take place in Quintana Roo.
Ruiz Massieu said that Tianguis has become a significant driver of business within Mexico's tourism industry, and said that the goal for next year will be to surpass the strong results achieved this year in Puebla.
Roberto Borge, Governor of Quintana Roo, said that a new age for Mexico's tourism industry has arrived and the industry has become a major driver of wealth and is a key source of employment.
Governor Borge noted that his administration plans to invest 100 billion pesos in tourist infrastructure, working to promote different destinations and tourism sectors throughout the country.
Media Contact:Jennifer RisiOgilvy Public Relationsjennifer.email@example.com
Mexico Tourism Board
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery
- Eric Holder Bringing Civil Rights Reminders to Ferguson
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan
- Uber Hires Obama Campaign Manager David Plouffe
- Russia Claims Ukraine Leaders Are Satanists, Jews or Maybe Even Scientologists
- Bob Marley Musical to Make Premiere in Baltimore