Mere hours after announcing the Eagles would headline Summerfest's final night, officials with the music festival have announced yet another act for the Big Gig: John Mayer will headline the Marcus Amphitheater on July 6.
Mayer announced his summer tour in a Google+ Hangout with fans Thursday night. He released a new album, "Born and Raised," last year, his first to stay in the top spot on the Billboard charts for more than a week. But he had to cancel a tour in 2012 after a granuloma in his throat was discovered. It was the second time in two years it surfaced, but Mayer underwent a second surgery and last January was able to sing on stage for the first time since April 2011.
Tickets for Mayer's Summerfest show go on sale at noon on March 30. Show time and ticket prices for are to be announced. Tickets will be available for purchase at the Summerfest box office, Ticketmaster outlets, (800) 745-3000 and ticketmaster.com.
Eight out of 11 Marcus Amphitheater headliners have been announced for the 46th annual Big Gig, which will run from June 26 to 30 and July 2 to 7.
Other headliners are: fun. (June 27), Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers (June 28), Jason Aldean (June 29), New Kids on the Block (July 2), Rush (July 4), Tim McGraw (July 5) and the Eagles (July 7).
Most Popular Stories
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week