A locally based independent retail electric supplier was nominated by one of its own customers to be recognized for its growth, innovation, customer service and contribution to the community.
Fort Lauderdale-based Liberty Power was awarded the Northwest Minority Supplier Development Council Inc's. 2013 Minority Business Enterprise of the Year award.
The provider was nominated by its long-time customer, Costco Wholesale. Liberty is one of the largest electricity suppliers to the membership warehouse club, providing service in seven of the states where Costco does business.
"Our customers are a critical part of the Liberty Power success story as they continually challenge us to be better. This award is a symbol of how we've been able to rise to that challenge and the exciting path that lies ahead," said David Hernandez, Liberty's chief executive office and co-founder, said in a written statement.
Liberty Power, which is originally certified by the South Florida Minority Development Council, was presented the award March 8 at the Northwest MSDC 2013 Annual Awards Dinner and Silent Auction in Seattle.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women