A locally based independent retail electric supplier was nominated by one of its own customers to be recognized for its growth, innovation, customer service and contribution to the community.
Fort Lauderdale-based Liberty Power was awarded the Northwest Minority Supplier Development Council Inc's. 2013 Minority Business Enterprise of the Year award.
The provider was nominated by its long-time customer, Costco Wholesale. Liberty is one of the largest electricity suppliers to the membership warehouse club, providing service in seven of the states where Costco does business.
"Our customers are a critical part of the Liberty Power success story as they continually challenge us to be better. This award is a symbol of how we've been able to rise to that challenge and the exciting path that lies ahead," said David Hernandez, Liberty's chief executive office and co-founder, said in a written statement.
Liberty Power, which is originally certified by the South Florida Minority Development Council, was presented the award March 8 at the Northwest MSDC 2013 Annual Awards Dinner and Silent Auction in Seattle.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Coachella's Young Audience a Marketers Paradise
- Asia Seeks Obama's Assurance Over Spats
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- National Energy Boom Blurs Political Battle Lines
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap