Renowned Cuban pianist Bebo Valdes, whose son Chuco Valdes is a well-known musician in his own right, has died in Sweden at age 94.
The leading society for songwriters, composers and music publishers in Spain made the announcement Friday in Madrid. The General Society of Spanish Authors did not give a cause of death.
Valdes lived in Sweden for many years. His late wife was Swedish.
Chuco Valdes, also a renowned pianist, lives in Cuba. He reportedly was travelling in Spain and could not be immediately located for comment.
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Social Media Can Help a Company's Credit Line
- Fuentes Makes NAHREP's Top 10 List
- Alfredo Ramos Martínez, Mexican Muralist, Symposium at Scripps
- Juanes Back to Singing About Love
- Hispanic Unemployment Eased in February
- Darrell Issa Apologizes to Elijah Cummings
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- 2 Million Long-term Jobless Have No Benefits
- Boeing Freezes Nonunion Workers' Pensions