Renowned Cuban pianist Bebo Valdes, whose son Chuco Valdes is a well-known musician in his own right, has died in Sweden at age 94.
The leading society for songwriters, composers and music publishers in Spain made the announcement Friday in Madrid. The General Society of Spanish Authors did not give a cause of death.
Valdes lived in Sweden for many years. His late wife was Swedish.
Chuco Valdes, also a renowned pianist, lives in Cuba. He reportedly was travelling in Spain and could not be immediately located for comment.
Most Popular Stories
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- Kurdish Militia Still Lack Weapons, Training
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities
- Ebola Victim Was Sent Home by Dallas Hospital
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Group Offers Online Help for College Students
- Baker Hughes to Disclose Fracking Chemicals