Renowned Cuban pianist Bebo Valdes, whose son Chuco Valdes is a well-known musician in his own right, has died in Sweden at age 94.
The leading society for songwriters, composers and music publishers in Spain made the announcement Friday in Madrid. The General Society of Spanish Authors did not give a cause of death.
Valdes lived in Sweden for many years. His late wife was Swedish.
Chuco Valdes, also a renowned pianist, lives in Cuba. He reportedly was travelling in Spain and could not be immediately located for comment.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Hamas Claims Gaza Ceasefire as Victory Over Israel