Renowned Cuban pianist Bebo Valdes, whose son Chuco Valdes is a well-known musician in his own right, has died in Sweden at age 94.
The leading society for songwriters, composers and music publishers in Spain made the announcement Friday in Madrid. The General Society of Spanish Authors did not give a cause of death.
Valdes lived in Sweden for many years. His late wife was Swedish.
Chuco Valdes, also a renowned pianist, lives in Cuba. He reportedly was travelling in Spain and could not be immediately located for comment.
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief