Renowned Cuban pianist Bebo Valdes, whose son Chuco Valdes is a well-known musician in his own right, has died in Sweden at age 94.
The leading society for songwriters, composers and music publishers in Spain made the announcement Friday in Madrid. The General Society of Spanish Authors did not give a cause of death.
Valdes lived in Sweden for many years. His late wife was Swedish.
Chuco Valdes, also a renowned pianist, lives in Cuba. He reportedly was travelling in Spain and could not be immediately located for comment.
Most Popular Stories
- George Zimmerman Arrest Viewed Differently According to Race
- Putin, Obama Make Little Progress over Syria
- Jurors will Remain Anonymous in Zimmerman Case, Judge Orders
- Arrests, 7-Elevens Seized in Illegal Immigrant Scheme
- NHL's Phoenix Coyotes Could Be on Move to Seattle
- Ex-Mobster to Bulger: Just Say Sorry
- Michale Applebaum, Mayor of Montreal, Arrested
- Pope Talks Crime, Drugs, Poverty With Maduro
- Assange Still Holed up at Ecuadorean Embassy
- Kanye West's 'Yeezus' Is Wildly Experimental, Narcissistic