U.S. actor Charlie Sheen says he is now drink and
drug free after years in which his abuse of alcohol and narcotics
threatened to kill him.
The former Two-and-a-Half Men star, who was fired from the top-rated sitcom in 2011 following his drug-fueled rants at the producer, told German magazine InstyleMen that his clean living lifestyle had made him more energetic and eager to work.
"It could not go on," he said of his drink and drug habit. "For years I lived at the limit," he said. "Alcohol, drugs, pills and stress, the full programme. I would not have been the first person to have not survived this lifestyle."
Most Popular Stories
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects
- U.S. Companies Eager for Iranian Business
- Yellen Set to Become One of World's Most Powerful Women