U.S. actor Charlie Sheen says he is now drink and
drug free after years in which his abuse of alcohol and narcotics
threatened to kill him.
The former Two-and-a-Half Men star, who was fired from the top-rated sitcom in 2011 following his drug-fueled rants at the producer, told German magazine InstyleMen that his clean living lifestyle had made him more energetic and eager to work.
"It could not go on," he said of his drink and drug habit. "For years I lived at the limit," he said. "Alcohol, drugs, pills and stress, the full programme. I would not have been the first person to have not survived this lifestyle."
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- Car Drivers Warned to Get Air Bags Fixed
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Obama Building Ebola Coalition for Africa Fight
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic