U.S. actor Charlie Sheen says he is now drink and
drug free after years in which his abuse of alcohol and narcotics
threatened to kill him.
The former Two-and-a-Half Men star, who was fired from the top-rated sitcom in 2011 following his drug-fueled rants at the producer, told German magazine InstyleMen that his clean living lifestyle had made him more energetic and eager to work.
"It could not go on," he said of his drink and drug habit. "For years I lived at the limit," he said. "Alcohol, drugs, pills and stress, the full programme. I would not have been the first person to have not survived this lifestyle."
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- U.S. Home Prices Rose at Slowest Pace in 20 Months
- Meet the YouTube Tech Review Sensation
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift