U.S. actor Charlie Sheen says he is now drink and
drug free after years in which his abuse of alcohol and narcotics
threatened to kill him.
The former Two-and-a-Half Men star, who was fired from the top-rated sitcom in 2011 following his drug-fueled rants at the producer, told German magazine InstyleMen that his clean living lifestyle had made him more energetic and eager to work.
"It could not go on," he said of his drink and drug habit. "For years I lived at the limit," he said. "Alcohol, drugs, pills and stress, the full programme. I would not have been the first person to have not survived this lifestyle."
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Rocket Explodes During U.S. Test Flight
- Koch Brothers Took Genes, Money in Different Directions
- Short-Term Loans Comes at a Heavy Price
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures