TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 03/22/13 -- Can-Financials Income Corp. (the "Corporation") (TSX: FIC) announced today acceptance by the Toronto Stock Exchange (the "TSX") of the Corporation's Notice of Intention to make a Normal Course Issuer Bid (the "NCIB").
Pursuant to the NCIB, the Corporation proposes to purchase through the facilities of the TSX, from time to time, if it is considered advisable, up to 681,962 Shares of the Corporation, representing approximately 10% of the public float, being 6,819,620 Shares as of the close of business of March 18, 2013. The Corporation will not purchase in any given 30-day period, in the aggregate, more than 136,392 Shares, representing approximately 2% of the issued and outstanding Shares, being 6,819,620 Shares as of the close of business of March 18, 2013. Purchases of Shares under the NCIB may commence on March 26, 2013. First Asset Investment Management Inc., the manager of the Corporation, believes that such purchases are in the best interests of the Corporation and are a desirable use of the Corporation's funds. All purchases will be made through the facilities of the TSX in accordance with its rules and policies. All Shares purchased by the Corporation pursuant to the NCIB will be cancelled. The NCIB will expire on March 25, 2014.
On March 22, 2011, the Corporation announced that it was making a Normal Course Issuer Bid, which commenced March 26, 2012, to purchase up to 902,970 Shares through the facilities of the TSX. The Corporation repurchased 61,600 Shares at a weighted average price of $7.58 per share under the bid, which will expire on March 25, 2013.
416-642-1289 or 1-877-642-1289
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Yahoo Struggles Despite Alibaba Boost
- Chevrolet's Small SUV Coming to the U.S.
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Rapper Cuts Off Own Penis, Jumps Off Building in Failed Suicide
- Neil Young Closes Kickstarter Campaign for PonoMusic