TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 03/22/13 -- Can-Financials Income Corp. (the "Corporation") (TSX: FIC) announced today acceptance by the Toronto Stock Exchange (the "TSX") of the Corporation's Notice of Intention to make a Normal Course Issuer Bid (the "NCIB").
Pursuant to the NCIB, the Corporation proposes to purchase through the facilities of the TSX, from time to time, if it is considered advisable, up to 681,962 Shares of the Corporation, representing approximately 10% of the public float, being 6,819,620 Shares as of the close of business of March 18, 2013. The Corporation will not purchase in any given 30-day period, in the aggregate, more than 136,392 Shares, representing approximately 2% of the issued and outstanding Shares, being 6,819,620 Shares as of the close of business of March 18, 2013. Purchases of Shares under the NCIB may commence on March 26, 2013. First Asset Investment Management Inc., the manager of the Corporation, believes that such purchases are in the best interests of the Corporation and are a desirable use of the Corporation's funds. All purchases will be made through the facilities of the TSX in accordance with its rules and policies. All Shares purchased by the Corporation pursuant to the NCIB will be cancelled. The NCIB will expire on March 25, 2014.
On March 22, 2011, the Corporation announced that it was making a Normal Course Issuer Bid, which commenced March 26, 2012, to purchase up to 902,970 Shares through the facilities of the TSX. The Corporation repurchased 61,600 Shares at a weighted average price of $7.58 per share under the bid, which will expire on March 25, 2013.
416-642-1289 or 1-877-642-1289
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction