A Marine allegedly shot two people to death and killed himself during a standoff at the U.S. Marine Corps Base Quantico in Virginia, military officials said.
The standoff about 11 p.m. Thursday after the gunman shot and wounded a person at the Officer Candidate School, WUSA-TV, Washington, reported. The victim later died.
The suspect, who Marine Corps spokesman Capt. Eric Flanagan identified as a staff member at the school, barricaded himself inside a barracks building, CNN reported.
Investigators gained access to the building by 2:45 a.m. Friday and found a second shooting victim along with the suspected gunman dead of an apparently self-inflicted gunshot wound, The Washington Post reported.
The identities of the two victims and the suspected gunman were not reported. At least one of the victims was a Marine, CNN reported.
The base was on lockdown for 4 hours during the standoff, the Post reported.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Yahoo Struggles Despite Alibaba Boost
- Chevrolet's Small SUV Coming to the U.S.
- Rapper Cuts Off Own Penis, Jumps Off Building in Failed Suicide
- Cuba Publishes Text of Foreign Investment Law
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Castro Named as a Caress Fabulista
- Neil Young Closes Kickstarter Campaign for PonoMusic