A Marine allegedly shot two people to death and killed himself during a standoff at the U.S. Marine Corps Base Quantico in Virginia, military officials said.
The standoff about 11 p.m. Thursday after the gunman shot and wounded a person at the Officer Candidate School, WUSA-TV, Washington, reported. The victim later died.
The suspect, who Marine Corps spokesman Capt. Eric Flanagan identified as a staff member at the school, barricaded himself inside a barracks building, CNN reported.
Investigators gained access to the building by 2:45 a.m. Friday and found a second shooting victim along with the suspected gunman dead of an apparently self-inflicted gunshot wound, The Washington Post reported.
The identities of the two victims and the suspected gunman were not reported. At least one of the victims was a Marine, CNN reported.
The base was on lockdown for 4 hours during the standoff, the Post reported.
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists