A Marine allegedly shot two people to death and killed himself during a standoff at the U.S. Marine Corps Base Quantico in Virginia, military officials said.
The standoff about 11 p.m. Thursday after the gunman shot and wounded a person at the Officer Candidate School, WUSA-TV, Washington, reported. The victim later died.
The suspect, who Marine Corps spokesman Capt. Eric Flanagan identified as a staff member at the school, barricaded himself inside a barracks building, CNN reported.
Investigators gained access to the building by 2:45 a.m. Friday and found a second shooting victim along with the suspected gunman dead of an apparently self-inflicted gunshot wound, The Washington Post reported.
The identities of the two victims and the suspected gunman were not reported. At least one of the victims was a Marine, CNN reported.
The base was on lockdown for 4 hours during the standoff, the Post reported.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- NSHMBA Names Lincoln as Automotive Partner
- Hiring on the Rise at Small Businesses
- 3.4 Million Now Insured Under Covered California
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio