BOUCHERVILLE, QUEBEC -- (Marketwire) -- 03/21/13 -- At the initial case management session held in Quebec City on March 20, 2013, on its motion for mandamus and declaratory judgment, Strateco Resources Inc. ("Strateco") (TSX: RSC)(FRANKFURT: RF9) informed the Superior Court of Quebec that it had decided to amend its petition to limit it to the motion for mandamus, in the interest of accelerating the judicial process.
"Our goal is to get a rapid response from the Court after 20 months of waiting, and withdrawing the declaratory judgment minimizes the number of steps required for the motion for mandamus to be heard. The government would be well advised to make a decision without waiting for a court ruling, which would be in the public interest and would send a strong message to the entire mining industry and investors," said Guy Hebert, President and Chief Executive Officer of Strateco Resources Inc.
It should be noted that Strateco's advanced exploration project has already obtained the required authorizations from the federal Minister of the Environment and the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission and a positive recommendation from the provincial review panel, and has now been awaiting for the confirmation from the Ministere du Developpement durable, de l'Environnement, de la Faune et des Parcs for nearly two years. Strateco's motion before the Superior Court of Quebec is aimed at requesting that the government renders a decision on the Matoush project. The Court recently approved special case management of this dispute in order to facilitate the process.
This news release contains "forward-looking statements" subject to certain risks and uncertainties. There can be no assurance that these statements will prove to be correct. Actual results and future events could differ significantly from those implied by such statements. These risks and uncertainties are discussed in the annual report filed with the securities commissions of British Colombia, Alberta, Ontario and Quebec.
NATIONAL Public Relations
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women