Ex-mob boss Lou Ferrante visits some of the most dangerous prisons in the world in La Mafia por Dentro (Inside the Ganger's Code), a new series on Discovery en Espanol. The show airs Thursdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT beginning April 4.
Ferrante was part of the Gambino crime family till he was put away on a 13-year stretch by the Secret Service and FBI. He served nearly 10 years in maximum security.
In the series, he visits maximum security prisons in the U.S., Latin America and Europe, living among the prisoners while explaining the origins, political motives and alliances of feared gangs that exercise enormous power over communities in the outside world -- even from behind bars.
In El Salvador, Ferrante profiles the notorious 18th Street gang and its vendetta against the rival MS-13 gang, while in New Mexico he witnesses the secretive recruiting process of the mushrooming Los Burquenos prison gang.
Discovery en Espanol is the Spanish-language voice of the Discovery channel.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Podesta Likely to Reject Keystone XL
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal