STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN -- (Marketwire) -- 03/21/13 --
* Entel Chile selected Ericsson as sole supplier for its 4G/LTE networkand expanded partnership for its 2G and 3G networks
* 3G and 4G users to enjoy superior mobile broadband experience andhigh-performing networks, as well as advanced solutions and services
* Includes multi-standard radio access network, Evolved Packet Core with Evolved Packet Gateway on the SSR 8000 family of Smart ServicesRouters, operation and support system and backhaul transport design
In response to Chile's data traffic growth and increasing demand for mobilebroadband coverage, Entel has extended its strategic partnership withEricsson(NASDAQ: ERIC) to supply its 2G, 3G and end-to-end IP network for 4G/LTEandwill continue joint efforts to enhance customer experience.
Antonio Büchi, CEO of Entel, says: "At Entel, we value innovation andthe skillsto provide excellence in service; we have made huge efforts in deliveringanunbeatable customer experience on mobile broadband and now on 4G. TogetherwithEricsson, we will be able to provide our customers with superior mobilebroadband services and performance, based on a complete end-to-end 3G-LTEsolution,"
Nicolas Brancoli, Vice President of Ericsson Latin America, says: "Thiscontractmarks another significant milestone for Ericsson and further consolidatesournetwork leadership in the region. Entel's continued trust in us isdemonstratedby their selection of Ericsson as the sole supplier for their 2G, 3G and4G/LTEnetworks. We're proud and happy to extend our partnership and supportEntel'slaunch of its territory-wide LTE network. Consumers will benefit from anoptimalmobile broadband user experience."
Entel and Ericsson have a long-term partnership since 1997, which is basedon acommon commitment to enhance telecom experience for customers in Chile.
Under the three-year agreement, Ericsson will be the sole supplier ofEntel's2G, 3G and 4G network. The new LTE network includes a multi-standard radioaccess network supported by RBS 6000 base stations, Evolved Packet Core(EPC)with Evolved Packet Gateway on the SSR 8000 family of Smart ServicesRouters andSGSN-MME based in the latest MKVIII architecture. The agreement alsoincludesnetwork rollout, integration and support, deployment services, and networkmanagement with Ericsson's Operations Support Systems for Radio & Core.
Ericsson is the world leader in LTE and today has more than 130 commercialLTEcontracts on six continents, of which over 60 networks have already gonelive.LTE commercial networks worldwide currently cover 455 million people, ofwhich305 million people are covered by LTE networks delivered by Ericsson. Oncecurrently awarded contracts have been deployed, Ericsson will have a morethan50 percent share of the Latin American LTE market in terms of volume.
NOTES TO EDITORS
LTE Media Kit www.ericsson.com/thecompany/press/mediakits/lte
Download high-resolution photos and broadcast-quality video atwww.ericsson.com/press
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of communications technology andservices.We are enabling the Networked Society with efficient real-time solutionsthatallow us all to study, work and live our lives more freely, in sustainablesocieties around the world.
Our offering comprises services, software and infrastructure withinInformationand Communications Technology for telecom operators and otherindustries.Today40 percent of the world's mobile traffic goes through Ericsson networks andwesupport customers' networks servicing more than 2.5 billion subscriptions.
We are more than 110,000 people working with customers in more than 180countries. Founded in 1876, Ericsson is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden.In2012 the company's net sales were SEK 227.8 billion (USD 33.8 billion).Ericssonis listed on NASDAQ OMX, Stockholm and NASDAQ, New York stock exchanges.
Ericsson extends partnership with Entel in Chile:http://hugin.info/1061/R/1686888/553125.pdf
This announcement is distributed by Thomson Reuters on behalf ofThomson Reuters clients. The owner of this announcement warrants that:
(i) the releases contained herein are protected by copyright and other applicable laws; and
(ii) they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: Ericsson via Thomson Reuters ONE
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT
Ericsson Corporate Communications
Phone: +46 10 719 69 92
E-mail: Email Contact
Ericsson Investor Relations
Phone: +46 10 719 00 00
E-mail: Email Contact
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?