Rory McIlroy quits PGA Classic, sequence of events.
Rory McIlroy, who shot a par 70 in Round 1 at PGA National, started on the 10th hole Friday morning with a par. It was downhill from there as he was 7 over par in eight holes. The lowlights:
No. 11 (450 yards, par 4): Second shot from fairway is short of green. Chips over green. Chips to 9 feet. Putts two feet past hole and then taps in. Double-bogey.
No. 13 (388 yards, par 4): Second shot from rough misses green. Chips to 7 feet and misses par putt. Bogey.
No. 16 (434 yards, par 4): Drives into lake right of fairway, drops. Approach to green comes up short in water, drops again. Approach to green 57 feet from hole, and two-putts. Triple-bogey.
No. 17 (190 yards, par 3): Tee shot to green 52 feet from pin. Putts 12 past hole; putts 2 feet past hole and then taps in. Bogey.
No. 18 (556 yards, par 5): Tee shot into fairway, approach shot right into water, withdraws.
(c)2013 The Palm Beach Post (West Palm Beach, Fla.)
Visit The Palm Beach Post (West Palm Beach, Fla.) at www.palmbeachpost.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- Depp, Pfister Are Tech Philosophers