Rory McIlroy quits PGA Classic, sequence of events.
Rory McIlroy, who shot a par 70 in Round 1 at PGA National, started on the 10th hole Friday morning with a par. It was downhill from there as he was 7 over par in eight holes. The lowlights:
No. 11 (450 yards, par 4): Second shot from fairway is short of green. Chips over green. Chips to 9 feet. Putts two feet past hole and then taps in. Double-bogey.
No. 13 (388 yards, par 4): Second shot from rough misses green. Chips to 7 feet and misses par putt. Bogey.
No. 16 (434 yards, par 4): Drives into lake right of fairway, drops. Approach to green comes up short in water, drops again. Approach to green 57 feet from hole, and two-putts. Triple-bogey.
No. 17 (190 yards, par 3): Tee shot to green 52 feet from pin. Putts 12 past hole; putts 2 feet past hole and then taps in. Bogey.
No. 18 (556 yards, par 5): Tee shot into fairway, approach shot right into water, withdraws.
(c)2013 The Palm Beach Post (West Palm Beach, Fla.)
Visit The Palm Beach Post (West Palm Beach, Fla.) at www.palmbeachpost.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women