OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 03/19/13 -- The Honourable Christian Paradis, Minister of Industry and Minister responsible for the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy Canada (OSB), today announced the appointment of William James as Superintendent of Bankruptcy.
"The Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy is key to protecting the integrity of our bankruptcy and insolvency system," said Minister Paradis. "I am pleased that Mr. James will be leading the organization, ensuring that bankruptcies and insolvencies are administered in a fair and orderly manner for the benefit of investors, lenders, consumers and all Canadians."
Mr. James has worked in various capacities for the federal government, including Industry Canada, Human Resources and Social Development Canada and Environment Canada. In 2008, he joined Industry Canada as Director General of Service Industries and Consumer Products and served as Director General of Human Resources. Prior to this, he was Director General of Employment Insurance Policy, Senior Director of Labour Market Policy and Director of Federal-Provincial Relations at Human Resources and Social Development Canada.
Mr. James holds a Bachelor of Science from Queen's University and a Master of Business Administration from the University of Alberta.
The primary focus of the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy is the effective delivery of its statutory mandate of supervising the administration of all estates and matters to which the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act applies. For more information, visit the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy website (www.osb.ic.gc.ca).
Director of Communications
Office of the Honourable Christian Paradis
Minister of Industry
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief