CALGARY, ALBERTA -- (Marketwire) -- 03/19/13 -- The As We See It Photo Exhibit is an event to visually engage the public through photography and through stories to encourage discussion and highlight issues happening in the developing world.
Opening Reception of Photo Exhibit at Endeavor Art Gallery, 1209 1 St SW, on April 4, 2013 from 6:00-10:00pm. Exhibit will be running April 2-27, 2013.
Photographers and speakers will be present at the reception to talk about international development. Wine and Beer will be available for purchase and hors d'oeuvres will be provided.
The As We See It 2013 Photo Contest will run in conjunction with the Exhibit and is an opportunity for the public to submit photos and share personal stories of international development. The Contest opens March 1, 2013 and closes March 31, 2013. Photos will be accepted until March 24. http://www.photoscramble.com/contests/as-we-see-it-2013/
Prizes for the winners of the Photo Contest range from $100-$500 and one of these prizes includes a 1 hour tutorial with Photographer Andras Schram (valued at $1500). Prizes will be awarded at the Photo Exhibit Opening Reception, April 4, 2013.
The Fig Tree Foundation is a Calgary based initiative seeking to foster collaboration among people and organizations involved in International Aid and Development.
As We See It Photo Exhibit Organizer
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- It's No Yolk: Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Replacing Eggs
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief