Eighteen people, including one Iranian and one
Lebanese national, have been arrested in Saudi Arabia for alleged
espionage activities, the state-run Saudi Press Agency reported
Coordinated security operations were carried out in four regions of the kingdom resulting in the arrest of 16 Saudis along with the Iranian and Lebanese citizens, the report said quoting an Interior Ministry spokesman.
The official said the Saudis and two expatriates were being held for "espionage activities for the benefit of a foreign country," but did not name that nation.
The men were allegedly "involved in collecting information on vital locations and installations as well as communicating with intelligence bodies in that foreign country."
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack