Eighteen people, including one Iranian and one
Lebanese national, have been arrested in Saudi Arabia for alleged
espionage activities, the state-run Saudi Press Agency reported
Coordinated security operations were carried out in four regions of the kingdom resulting in the arrest of 16 Saudis along with the Iranian and Lebanese citizens, the report said quoting an Interior Ministry spokesman.
The official said the Saudis and two expatriates were being held for "espionage activities for the benefit of a foreign country," but did not name that nation.
The men were allegedly "involved in collecting information on vital locations and installations as well as communicating with intelligence bodies in that foreign country."
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Homebuilder Confidence at Highest Since January
- Parents Opt to Keep Baby Photos off Facebook
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Rising U.S. Consumer Prices Slowed Down in July
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan
- Home Depot Builds Nice Net Income in Q2
- St. Francis Names Rodriguez as New Dean
- Mike Brown Death Timeline
- Taylor Swift is a Country Dweller No More