Cyprus President Nicos Anastasiades and German Chancellor Angela Merkel have held consultations by phone as the island nation's parliament prepares to vote on a planned tax on Cypriot bank deposits, sources told dpa on Tuesday.
The first conversation between the two leaders took place on Monday, and further contact between the two is planned for Tuesday, diplomatic sources said.
Most Popular Stories
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Photo ID Required for Unemployment Benefits
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California
- China's Money Rate Drops on Slowdown Concern
- Mt. Gox Files for Bankruptcy in U.S.
- Tech Firms to Increase Hiring for 4th Year in a Row
- '300' Sequel Conquers Box Office Foes