Cyprus President Nicos Anastasiades and German Chancellor Angela Merkel have held consultations by phone as the island nation's parliament prepares to vote on a planned tax on Cypriot bank deposits, sources told dpa on Tuesday.
The first conversation between the two leaders took place on Monday, and further contact between the two is planned for Tuesday, diplomatic sources said.
Most Popular Stories
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards
- Comcast Takes a Stake in a YouTube Content Provider
- OSH Selling Most of Its Stores to Lowe's
- First Person Cured of AIDS Virus Wants to Help Others
- Katy Perry: Learned About Divorce Via Text Message
- Is Stock Balloon Really a Pinata?
- Google Wants to Share PRISM Information
- Charitable Giving Sees Encouraging Growth