Cyprus President Nicos Anastasiades and German Chancellor Angela Merkel have held consultations by phone as the island nation's parliament prepares to vote on a planned tax on Cypriot bank deposits, sources told dpa on Tuesday.
The first conversation between the two leaders took place on Monday, and further contact between the two is planned for Tuesday, diplomatic sources said.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life