Cyprus President Nicos Anastasiades and German Chancellor Angela Merkel have held consultations by phone as the island nation's parliament prepares to vote on a planned tax on Cypriot bank deposits, sources told dpa on Tuesday.
The first conversation between the two leaders took place on Monday, and further contact between the two is planned for Tuesday, diplomatic sources said.
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Amazon Prime Grabs Classic HBO TV Series
- Sales of New Homes Fell 14.5 Percent in March
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Obama Opens Japan Trip with Sushi Stop
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter
- FedEx Sued Over Deadly California Bus Crash
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power
- Hollywood Bets Big Again on Summer Movies
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD