Cyprus President Nicos Anastasiades and German Chancellor Angela Merkel have held consultations by phone as the island nation's parliament prepares to vote on a planned tax on Cypriot bank deposits, sources told dpa on Tuesday.
The first conversation between the two leaders took place on Monday, and further contact between the two is planned for Tuesday, diplomatic sources said.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief