Cyprus President Nicos Anastasiades and German Chancellor Angela Merkel have held consultations by phone as the island nation's parliament prepares to vote on a planned tax on Cypriot bank deposits, sources told dpa on Tuesday.
The first conversation between the two leaders took place on Monday, and further contact between the two is planned for Tuesday, diplomatic sources said.
Most Popular Stories
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis