GAITHERSBURG, MD -- (Marketwire) -- 03/19/13 -- BroadSoft, Inc. (NASDAQ: BSFT) today announced UC-One IMS, a comprehensive fixed-mobile convergence solution that separates communication devices from service subscriptions for enterprises. UC-One IMS enables mobile operators to broadly enter the higher margin enterprise market segment by providing a single subscription for an employee's Unified Communication needs.
Employees are frustrated with today's passive communication options and are seeking access to a broader range of real-time communication services, such as instant messaging, video calling & conferencing, web conferencing, and desktop sharing -- across a variety of mobile devices. Read: Unified Communications: What Users Want
At the same time, enterprises are embracing the benefits of cloud-based Unified Communications services. Frost & Sullivan's 2012 IT Decision Maker's View of the Enterprise Communications Evolution survey found awareness and usage of communications and collaborations tools is increasing, driven by the reported benefits of Unified Communications, including improved productivity, accelerated decision making, enhanced employee mobility, reduced costs, improved customer satisfaction and more.
With UC-One IMS, enterprises can leverage a mobile operator's fixed-mobile convergence (FMC) capabilities to now manage a single communications service subscription for each employee. As a result, UC-One IMS delivers several benefits to the enterprise:
•Significantly lowers telecommunications costs - Enterprises no longer need to maintain a fixed and wireless subscription for their employees, enabling enterprises to subscribe to one phone service that supports all of an employee's communication services, in turn, significantly lowering their telecommunications expenses. •Simplifies enterprise management of UC services - Enterprises gain simplified control and management of their Unified Communications services and employee devices, as call and feature control reside in the cloud. •Enables employees to work from anywhere, on any device - UC-One IMS provides employees with access to all of their Unified Communications services from a laptop computer, mobile or smartphone, tablet, desktop computer or desk phone, providing the freedom to work from anywhere.
"There is an undeniable enterprise shift currently underway from premise-based communications services to cloud-enabled mobile Unified Communications, and UC-One IMS powerfully extends the benefits of the cloud by enabling enterprises to manage a single communications service subscription for their employees, in turn driving down their telecommunications costs and management complexity," said Michael Tessler, chief executive officer and president, BroadSoft. "For mobile operators, UC-One IMS unlocks new revenue opportunities, and we believe this will shift the initial target market segment served by LTE networks to enterprises from consumer, which means that mobile and converged operators can more quickly monetize their LTE network investments."
Most Popular Stories
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'
- Detroit Free Press Julie Hinds column