The actor who plays Satan on History's miniseries "The Bible" is drawing attention for his resemblance to President Barack Obama, The Hollywood Reporter said.
The critically acclaimed miniseries, produced by Mark Burnett and his wife, Roma Downey, has been a major hit for the cable network.
The Hollywood Reporter said Twitter users began tweeting during Sunday's episode that Mohamen Mehdi Ouazanni, the actor who plays Satan on the program, looks like the president.
The producers of the series had not commented on buzz on whether the character's likeness to Obama was intentional, the entertainment industry trade newspaper said.
Ouazanni has previously appeared in the religious-themed programs "David," "Jeremiah," "In the Beginning" and "The Ten Commandments."
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids