The actor who plays Satan on History's miniseries "The Bible" is drawing attention for his resemblance to President Barack Obama, The Hollywood Reporter said.
The critically acclaimed miniseries, produced by Mark Burnett and his wife, Roma Downey, has been a major hit for the cable network.
The Hollywood Reporter said Twitter users began tweeting during Sunday's episode that Mohamen Mehdi Ouazanni, the actor who plays Satan on the program, looks like the president.
The producers of the series had not commented on buzz on whether the character's likeness to Obama was intentional, the entertainment industry trade newspaper said.
Ouazanni has previously appeared in the religious-themed programs "David," "Jeremiah," "In the Beginning" and "The Ten Commandments."
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Mo'Ne Davis a Big Winner Despite Loss
- Advocacy Group Calls for Chrysler Probe