Thomas E. Perez has officially been nominated by President Obama to replace Hilda Solis as secretary of Labor, the White House confirmed on Monday morning.
If he is confirmed by the Senate, Perez will be the only Hispanic in Obama's second-term cabinet.
Perez, head of the Justice Department's civil rights division, is likely to face flak from some members of the GOP, who claim the Harvard-educated attorney is too aggressive on immigration, according to Reuters.
The event is scheduled to stream at Politico.
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Fuentes Makes NAHREP's Top 10 List
- Alfredo Ramos Martínez, Mexican Muralist, Symposium at Scripps
- Social Media Can Help a Company's Credit Line
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- Juanes Back to Singing About Love
- 2 Million Long-term Jobless Have No Benefits
- Hispanic Unemployment Eased in February
- Darrell Issa Apologizes to Elijah Cummings
- Pussy Riot Members Attacked at McDonald's