Thomas E. Perez has officially been nominated by President Obama to replace Hilda Solis as secretary of Labor, the White House confirmed on Monday morning.
If he is confirmed by the Senate, Perez will be the only Hispanic in Obama's second-term cabinet.
Perez, head of the Justice Department's civil rights division, is likely to face flak from some members of the GOP, who claim the Harvard-educated attorney is too aggressive on immigration, according to Reuters.
The event is scheduled to stream at Politico.
Most Popular Stories
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Stocks Continue Strong After Opening Surge
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux Set the Date