Thomas E. Perez has officially been nominated by President Obama to replace Hilda Solis as secretary of Labor, the White House confirmed on Monday morning.
If he is confirmed by the Senate, Perez will be the only Hispanic in Obama's second-term cabinet.
Perez, head of the Justice Department's civil rights division, is likely to face flak from some members of the GOP, who claim the Harvard-educated attorney is too aggressive on immigration, according to Reuters.
The event is scheduled to stream at Politico.
Most Popular Stories
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Exciting Night for UFC Fans
- Teen Drivers Should Be Prepared for Any Car-Related Situation
- Summer Movies Aimed at Young Men, Teen Boys
- RFD-TV launches on Charter Cable