Thomas E. Perez has officially been nominated by President Obama to replace Hilda Solis as secretary of Labor, the White House confirmed on Monday morning.
If he is confirmed by the Senate, Perez will be the only Hispanic in Obama's second-term cabinet.
Perez, head of the Justice Department's civil rights division, is likely to face flak from some members of the GOP, who claim the Harvard-educated attorney is too aggressive on immigration, according to Reuters.
The event is scheduled to stream at Politico.
Most Popular Stories
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week