Thomas E. Perez has officially been nominated by President Obama to replace Hilda Solis as secretary of Labor, the White House confirmed on Monday morning.
If he is confirmed by the Senate, Perez will be the only Hispanic in Obama's second-term cabinet.
Perez, head of the Justice Department's civil rights division, is likely to face flak from some members of the GOP, who claim the Harvard-educated attorney is too aggressive on immigration, according to Reuters.
The event is scheduled to stream at Politico.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women