Thomas E. Perez has officially been nominated by President Obama to replace Hilda Solis as secretary of Labor, the White House confirmed on Monday morning.
If he is confirmed by the Senate, Perez will be the only Hispanic in Obama's second-term cabinet.
Perez, head of the Justice Department's civil rights division, is likely to face flak from some members of the GOP, who claim the Harvard-educated attorney is too aggressive on immigration, according to Reuters.
The event is scheduled to stream at Politico.
Most Popular Stories
- World Series Not Gripping to TV Viewers
- Google Working on Pill to Search for Illnesses
- Al Capone's Home Languishes on Market
- American Airlines Adds US Airways to Frequent Flier Program
- Marvel Unveils Slate of Films Through 2019
- Diving Oil Prices Could Curb US Production
- Lingerie, Partisanship Mark Fla. House Race
- Ferguson Watch: Grand Jury Delaying Till After Elections
- FBI May Have Found 'Second Snowden'
- Grey Lady Ghost Appears at 'Game of Thrones' Site