California authorities said they found a large amount of marijuana, worth about $4 million, near an abandoned boat at Arroyo Camada Beach.
Santa Barbara County Sheriff's officials said they found approximately 2,000 pounds of marijuana wrapped in plastic on the beach, the Los Angeles Times reported.
Officials "located an apparently abandoned 30-foot 'Panga' style boat with two outboard engines and 20 [plus] fuel containers on board," the department said in a news release. "Sheriff's detectives located a significant amount of evidence that was consistent with marijuana smuggling activities, including trash and debris that was strewn about the beach and nearby coastal access trails."
This is the second large marijuana discovery on a Santa Barbara County beach this month, officials said.
Officials found approximately $1 million worth of marijuana March 7 near a crashed boat near Vandenberg Air Force base.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- Thalia Gets Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Trapped Florida Whales Head for Deeper Waters
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- U.S. Chamber to Run Ads in Idaho, W.Va.
- Dow Jumps 200 Points on Jobs Data