California authorities said they found a large amount of marijuana, worth about $4 million, near an abandoned boat at Arroyo Camada Beach.
Santa Barbara County Sheriff's officials said they found approximately 2,000 pounds of marijuana wrapped in plastic on the beach, the Los Angeles Times reported.
Officials "located an apparently abandoned 30-foot 'Panga' style boat with two outboard engines and 20 [plus] fuel containers on board," the department said in a news release. "Sheriff's detectives located a significant amount of evidence that was consistent with marijuana smuggling activities, including trash and debris that was strewn about the beach and nearby coastal access trails."
This is the second large marijuana discovery on a Santa Barbara County beach this month, officials said.
Officials found approximately $1 million worth of marijuana March 7 near a crashed boat near Vandenberg Air Force base.
Most Popular Stories
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- First-time Jobless Claims Jump by 24,000
- Pols Back Away From Bundy After Racist Statements
- Putin Says Internet Is CIA Plot
- Freshman Senators Speak Out on Foreign Policy
- Durable Goods Orders Rose More Than Expected
- Nasdaq OMX Profits Soar in Q1
- Justin Bieber's War Shrine Pic Causes Flap
- Wellness Programs Grow More Popular With Employers
- John Oliver Set for 'Last Week Tonight'