All is back to normal Monday morning at Miami International Airport after a security scare shut down Terminal E.
The terminal was closed Sunday night after a passenger made a bomb threat, airport officials said. The terminal reopened about 10 p.m.
Two hours earlier, a passenger made a statement that he had something in his luggage that was a threat, causing police to close the area near the Interjet Airlines check-in, said airport spokeswoman Maria Levrant.
"He was on his way to Mexico City, where he was supposed to connect to another plane," Levrant said. "The airport bomb squad was on the scene and quartered off the terminal."
Two flights were delayed as a result of the investigation.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise
- Shanghai Smog Forces Factory Shutdowns
- Amanda Bynes Enrolls in California's FIDM
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines