All is back to normal Monday morning at Miami International Airport after a security scare shut down Terminal E.
The terminal was closed Sunday night after a passenger made a bomb threat, airport officials said. The terminal reopened about 10 p.m.
Two hours earlier, a passenger made a statement that he had something in his luggage that was a threat, causing police to close the area near the Interjet Airlines check-in, said airport spokeswoman Maria Levrant.
"He was on his way to Mexico City, where he was supposed to connect to another plane," Levrant said. "The airport bomb squad was on the scene and quartered off the terminal."
Two flights were delayed as a result of the investigation.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery