All is back to normal Monday morning at Miami International Airport after a security scare shut down Terminal E.
The terminal was closed Sunday night after a passenger made a bomb threat, airport officials said. The terminal reopened about 10 p.m.
Two hours earlier, a passenger made a statement that he had something in his luggage that was a threat, causing police to close the area near the Interjet Airlines check-in, said airport spokeswoman Maria Levrant.
"He was on his way to Mexico City, where he was supposed to connect to another plane," Levrant said. "The airport bomb squad was on the scene and quartered off the terminal."
Two flights were delayed as a result of the investigation.
Most Popular Stories
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux Set the Date
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report