All is back to normal Monday morning at Miami International Airport after a security scare shut down Terminal E.
The terminal was closed Sunday night after a passenger made a bomb threat, airport officials said. The terminal reopened about 10 p.m.
Two hours earlier, a passenger made a statement that he had something in his luggage that was a threat, causing police to close the area near the Interjet Airlines check-in, said airport spokeswoman Maria Levrant.
"He was on his way to Mexico City, where he was supposed to connect to another plane," Levrant said. "The airport bomb squad was on the scene and quartered off the terminal."
Two flights were delayed as a result of the investigation.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- Asia Seeks Obama's Assurance Over Spats
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Coachella's Young Audience a Marketers Paradise
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- National Energy Boom Blurs Political Battle Lines
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved