All is back to normal Monday morning at Miami International Airport after a security scare shut down Terminal E.
The terminal was closed Sunday night after a passenger made a bomb threat, airport officials said. The terminal reopened about 10 p.m.
Two hours earlier, a passenger made a statement that he had something in his luggage that was a threat, causing police to close the area near the Interjet Airlines check-in, said airport spokeswoman Maria Levrant.
"He was on his way to Mexico City, where he was supposed to connect to another plane," Levrant said. "The airport bomb squad was on the scene and quartered off the terminal."
Two flights were delayed as a result of the investigation.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Asia Seeks Obama's Assurance Over Spats
- Coachella's Young Audience a Marketers Paradise
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap
- National Energy Boom Blurs Political Battle Lines
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- Clinton Sought GOP Support for Health Plan
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs