All is back to normal Monday morning at Miami International Airport after a security scare shut down Terminal E.
The terminal was closed Sunday night after a passenger made a bomb threat, airport officials said. The terminal reopened about 10 p.m.
Two hours earlier, a passenger made a statement that he had something in his luggage that was a threat, causing police to close the area near the Interjet Airlines check-in, said airport spokeswoman Maria Levrant.
"He was on his way to Mexico City, where he was supposed to connect to another plane," Levrant said. "The airport bomb squad was on the scene and quartered off the terminal."
Two flights were delayed as a result of the investigation.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Hispanic NASCAR Driver Ready to Make History
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Bank of America Agrees to Pay Record $16.65 Billion
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Family Dollar Will Stick With Dollar Tree