All is back to normal Monday morning at Miami International Airport after a security scare shut down Terminal E.
The terminal was closed Sunday night after a passenger made a bomb threat, airport officials said. The terminal reopened about 10 p.m.
Two hours earlier, a passenger made a statement that he had something in his luggage that was a threat, causing police to close the area near the Interjet Airlines check-in, said airport spokeswoman Maria Levrant.
"He was on his way to Mexico City, where he was supposed to connect to another plane," Levrant said. "The airport bomb squad was on the scene and quartered off the terminal."
Two flights were delayed as a result of the investigation.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Why Samsung Shares Plunged in the April-June Quarter
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation
- NASA Plans to Make Oxygen on Mars
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Notorious RBG Tells All in Couric Interview
- House GOP Leaders Abandon Immigrant Bill
- Wisconsin Supreme Court: Voter IDs Must Be Free
- Market Loses All of July's Gains in One Day
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For