All is back to normal Monday morning at Miami International Airport after a security scare shut down Terminal E.
The terminal was closed Sunday night after a passenger made a bomb threat, airport officials said. The terminal reopened about 10 p.m.
Two hours earlier, a passenger made a statement that he had something in his luggage that was a threat, causing police to close the area near the Interjet Airlines check-in, said airport spokeswoman Maria Levrant.
"He was on his way to Mexico City, where he was supposed to connect to another plane," Levrant said. "The airport bomb squad was on the scene and quartered off the terminal."
Two flights were delayed as a result of the investigation.
Most Popular Stories
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- OSH Selling Most of Its Stores to Lowe's
- Comcast Takes a Stake in a YouTube Content Provider
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards
- Katy Perry: Learned About Divorce Via Text Message
- Is Stock Balloon Really a Pinata?
- Boeing to Build Stretch-Dreamliners
- Jimmy Hoffa Buried Alive, Reputed Underboss Says
- Kanye West's 'Yeezus': Angry Self-love