All is back to normal Monday morning at Miami International Airport after a security scare shut down Terminal E.
The terminal was closed Sunday night after a passenger made a bomb threat, airport officials said. The terminal reopened about 10 p.m.
Two hours earlier, a passenger made a statement that he had something in his luggage that was a threat, causing police to close the area near the Interjet Airlines check-in, said airport spokeswoman Maria Levrant.
"He was on his way to Mexico City, where he was supposed to connect to another plane," Levrant said. "The airport bomb squad was on the scene and quartered off the terminal."
Two flights were delayed as a result of the investigation.
Most Popular Stories
- Lingerie, Partisanship Mark Fla. House Race
- Marvel Unveils Slate of Films Through 2019
- FBI May Have Found 'Second Snowden'
- Google Working on Pill to Search for Illnesses
- Grey Lady Ghost Appears at 'Game of Thrones' Site
- Can Barra Break GM's Losing Streak?
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Says Apple Pay a Success
- World Series Not Gripping to TV Viewers
- ecoATM Wins Green at LBA Sol Awards
- IBM OK's $5 Billion Stock Buyback