Golf legend Tiger Woods is officially dating Olympic skier Lindsey Vonn, the couple announced on their web pages Monday.
"Something nice that's happened off the course was meeting Lindsey Vonn," said Woods, 37, on his official website. "Lindsey and I have been friends for some time, but over the last few months we have become very close and are now dating."
Vonn, 28, put it this way on her Facebook page: "I guess it wasn't a well-kept secret but yes, I am dating Tiger Woods," she said. "Our relationship evolved from a friendship into something more over these past few months and it has made me very happy."
Woods has been divorced since August 2010 after being linked to dozens of women while still married to Elin Nordegren.
Rumours of his close relationship with Vonn first surfaced early last month when Woods sent his private jet to fly her home to Colorado after she tore knee ligaments at the Alpine World Championship in Austria.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Risks of Layoffs Becoming Rarer in U.S.
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years