Actress Lindsay Lohan reached a plea deal with
prosecutors Monday, pleading no contest to the crimes of reckless
driving and lying to police.
Lohan, 26, had faced up to eight months in jail if found guilty on the charges, which stemmed from an incident in which she allegedly crashed a car in June. She claimed her assistant was behind the wheel.
But in a plea deal reached in a Los Angeles courtroom, she will instead serve 90 days in a locked rehab facility, 30 days of community labour, and 180 days of psychological counselling, celebrity website TMZ.com reported.
"At the conclusion of this case Lindsay will have a completely clean record and I think that this is an extremely important element of this case," said Lindsay Lohan attorney Mark Heller outside the courtroom.
Most Popular Stories
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- 'Fury' Gets Into Soldiers' Minds: Brad Pitt
- Car Drivers Warned to Get Air Bags Fixed
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals