Actress Lindsay Lohan reached a plea deal with
prosecutors Monday, pleading no contest to the crimes of reckless
driving and lying to police.
Lohan, 26, had faced up to eight months in jail if found guilty on the charges, which stemmed from an incident in which she allegedly crashed a car in June. She claimed her assistant was behind the wheel.
But in a plea deal reached in a Los Angeles courtroom, she will instead serve 90 days in a locked rehab facility, 30 days of community labour, and 180 days of psychological counselling, celebrity website TMZ.com reported.
"At the conclusion of this case Lindsay will have a completely clean record and I think that this is an extremely important element of this case," said Lindsay Lohan attorney Mark Heller outside the courtroom.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction