Actress Lindsay Lohan reached a plea deal with
prosecutors Monday, pleading no contest to the crimes of reckless
driving and lying to police.
Lohan, 26, had faced up to eight months in jail if found guilty on the charges, which stemmed from an incident in which she allegedly crashed a car in June. She claimed her assistant was behind the wheel.
But in a plea deal reached in a Los Angeles courtroom, she will instead serve 90 days in a locked rehab facility, 30 days of community labour, and 180 days of psychological counselling, celebrity website TMZ.com reported.
"At the conclusion of this case Lindsay will have a completely clean record and I think that this is an extremely important element of this case," said Lindsay Lohan attorney Mark Heller outside the courtroom.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women