Actress Lindsay Lohan reached a plea deal with
prosecutors Monday, pleading no contest to the crimes of reckless
driving and lying to police.
Lohan, 26, had faced up to eight months in jail if found guilty on the charges, which stemmed from an incident in which she allegedly crashed a car in June. She claimed her assistant was behind the wheel.
But in a plea deal reached in a Los Angeles courtroom, she will instead serve 90 days in a locked rehab facility, 30 days of community labour, and 180 days of psychological counselling, celebrity website TMZ.com reported.
"At the conclusion of this case Lindsay will have a completely clean record and I think that this is an extremely important element of this case," said Lindsay Lohan attorney Mark Heller outside the courtroom.
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'