ST. LOUIS, MO -- (Marketwire) -- 03/18/13 -- With Cinderella teams and upsets abounding, remaining calm, cool and collected on the job in March isn't always a layup. That's why Enterprise Rent-A-Car, the official rental car of the NCAA and the largest hirer of recent college graduates in the U.S., is offering its own list of "Elite Eight®" tips to help fans survive the work day without missing any action during the first two days of the tournament.
March Madness, also known as the NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Championship, is an exciting -- albeit nerve-wracking -- time for college basketball fans everywhere. For the unlucky souls who are not able to rent a car to get to the games live, Enterprise Rent-A-Car wants to ensure even the biggest March Madness fans make it to the weekend with their employment intact.
1. Safety Dance: Like your singing, which probably belongs in the shower, victory dances (or any other custom cheering display) ought to be confined to the privacy of your own home. Or amongst certified fellow rabid fans of your team. Not your cubicle mates.
2. Lunch: It's Not Just for Eating Any More: Be strategic with your "lunch hour" so it coincides with the ending of must-see games. During March, lunchtime is the middle-of-the-day excuse to tune in to CBS, tbs, TNT and truTV to check scores, brag to your friends about picking the big upset, or wipe your tears.
3. On the Road Again: Remember that thing, at that place, with those people that you had to meet? Get out of the office for an overdue meeting. After all, your car has a radio with nothing but updates and scores, mile after mile.
4. Foul Out: We know you want to reenact that buzzer beating, game-winning shot using office trash cans, but leave that for the March Madness Live highlight reels. You don't want to pull a "hammy" or twist an ankle and become the laughingstock of the office.
5. One Shiny Memento: When it comes to decorating your workspace, a little goes a long way. As much as you may want to turn your personal office space into a shrine, you don't want your cubicle to scream super fan.
6. Face time: It's okay to wear your team colors, but don't overdo it. Face and body painting might freak out your co-workers and your boss might not appreciate your artistic expression.
7. Flex Time: Going in an hour or two earlier so you can leave an hour or two earlier to catch the latest Cinderella story? What a concept. Afternoon couch time, here we come!
8. Mobile Mania: Download the official NCAA March Madness Live app to your tablet, smartphone, and computer to get the ultimate access to all the basketball your heart desires while you bang away on another TPS report. Just don't forget you have your ear buds in and make a scene when your team wins.
The full list of Enterprise Rent-A-Car "Elite Eight"® office etiquette tips is available at www.enterprise.com/sports.
About Enterprise Rent-A-Car
Founded in 1957 and known for an extensive network of home-city and airport locations, everyday low rates and outstanding customer service, Enterprise Rent-A-Car is an internationally recognized brand that has been named to BusinessWeek magazine's annual list of "Customer Service Champs" in 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010. With more than 5,500 offices located within 15 miles of 90 percent of the U.S., Enterprise operates more than twice as many locations as its nearest U.S. competitor and continues to lead the home-city market. Enterprise Rent-A-Car operates not only as a key provider for insurance replacement, weekend getaways and special occasions, but also as a local transportation alternative.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
For more information, contact:
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Nelson Mandela Dies After Momentous Life
- W.H. Corrects Itself on Unclegate
- Nelson Mandela Dead at 95
- Fast-Food Workers Want $15 an Hour
- Roybal-Allard Tours Gordon Brush Plant
- Pope Francis Says He'll Fight Child Sex Abuse
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- Yemen Attack Kills 52