Nicosia (dpa) - Banks in Cyprus will stay closed until Thursday,
the central bank said, as politicians were discussing a plan for a
controversial deposit levy.
Parliament was set to convene Tuesday to discuss the tax, demanded by international creditors as part of a bailout deal for the island's ailing banking sector.
Most Popular Stories
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress
- Senators Reach Deal on Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO
- Deborah Hersman Quits NTSB
- Swedish Journalist Nils Horner Shot Dead in Kabul
- Copper Plunges on China Jitters
- Job Openings Less Than Expected in January
- U.S. Stocks Sink for 3rd Day in a Row