Nicosia (dpa) - Banks in Cyprus will stay closed until Thursday,
the central bank said, as politicians were discussing a plan for a
controversial deposit levy.
Parliament was set to convene Tuesday to discuss the tax, demanded by international creditors as part of a bailout deal for the island's ailing banking sector.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Salsa Legend Cheo Feliciano Killed in Car Crash
- Earthlike Planet Found in Red Dwarf's Goldilocks Zone
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- Natural Gas Shoots Up on Bullish Stockpile Report
- Hiring and Weekly Jobless Claims Both Edge Up
- Generating Solar Power in the Dark
- Chipotle Plans First Price Rise in 3 Years