Nicosia (dpa) - Banks in Cyprus will stay closed until Thursday,
the central bank said, as politicians were discussing a plan for a
controversial deposit levy.
Parliament was set to convene Tuesday to discuss the tax, demanded by international creditors as part of a bailout deal for the island's ailing banking sector.
Most Popular Stories
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Fiat, Renault Strike Deal on New Light Vehicle
- Senate, House Locking Horns on Border Funds
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana
- Jeter, Bauer Give Fox a Strong Week in TV Ratings
- LinkedIn to Buy Ad Tech Company Bizo for $175 Million
- A's Agree to 10-Year Lease to Stay in Oakland