Nicosia (dpa) - Banks in Cyprus will stay closed until Thursday,
the central bank said, as politicians were discussing a plan for a
controversial deposit levy.
Parliament was set to convene Tuesday to discuss the tax, demanded by international creditors as part of a bailout deal for the island's ailing banking sector.
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws