Nicosia (dpa) - Banks in Cyprus will stay closed until Thursday,
the central bank said, as politicians were discussing a plan for a
controversial deposit levy.
Parliament was set to convene Tuesday to discuss the tax, demanded by international creditors as part of a bailout deal for the island's ailing banking sector.
Most Popular Stories
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Detroit Muslim Conference Stirs Controversy
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- Immigration Delay Throws Both Parties a Curve