INNISFAIL, ALBERTA -- (Marketwire) -- 03/18/13 -- On March 16, 2013, inmate Gerard Mallett from Bowden Institution was found unresponsive in his cell. Correctional Officers immediately performed CPR and an ambulance was called.
The offender was taken to the Innisfail Hospital where he was pronounced dead at approximately 2:16 p.m.
At the time of his death, Mr. Mallett, 62 years old, was serving a two-year sentence for Sexual Assault. His sentence had commenced on December 20, 2012.
Next of kin have been notified.
As in all cases where an individual dies while in custody, the police and coroner have been notified. In addition, the Correctional Service of Canada will review the circumstances surrounding the incident.
Correctional Service Canada
Assistant Warden Management Services
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11