INNISFAIL, ALBERTA -- (Marketwire) -- 03/18/13 -- On March 16, 2013, inmate Gerard Mallett from Bowden Institution was found unresponsive in his cell. Correctional Officers immediately performed CPR and an ambulance was called.
The offender was taken to the Innisfail Hospital where he was pronounced dead at approximately 2:16 p.m.
At the time of his death, Mr. Mallett, 62 years old, was serving a two-year sentence for Sexual Assault. His sentence had commenced on December 20, 2012.
Next of kin have been notified.
As in all cases where an individual dies while in custody, the police and coroner have been notified. In addition, the Correctional Service of Canada will review the circumstances surrounding the incident.
Correctional Service Canada
Assistant Warden Management Services
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise
- Shanghai Smog Forces Factory Shutdowns
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- Amanda Bynes Enrolls in California's FIDM