INNISFAIL, ALBERTA -- (Marketwire) -- 03/18/13 -- On March 16, 2013, inmate Gerard Mallett from Bowden Institution was found unresponsive in his cell. Correctional Officers immediately performed CPR and an ambulance was called.
The offender was taken to the Innisfail Hospital where he was pronounced dead at approximately 2:16 p.m.
At the time of his death, Mr. Mallett, 62 years old, was serving a two-year sentence for Sexual Assault. His sentence had commenced on December 20, 2012.
Next of kin have been notified.
As in all cases where an individual dies while in custody, the police and coroner have been notified. In addition, the Correctional Service of Canada will review the circumstances surrounding the incident.
Correctional Service Canada
Assistant Warden Management Services
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply