INNISFAIL, ALBERTA -- (Marketwire) -- 03/18/13 -- On March 16, 2013, inmate Gerard Mallett from Bowden Institution was found unresponsive in his cell. Correctional Officers immediately performed CPR and an ambulance was called.
The offender was taken to the Innisfail Hospital where he was pronounced dead at approximately 2:16 p.m.
At the time of his death, Mr. Mallett, 62 years old, was serving a two-year sentence for Sexual Assault. His sentence had commenced on December 20, 2012.
Next of kin have been notified.
As in all cases where an individual dies while in custody, the police and coroner have been notified. In addition, the Correctional Service of Canada will review the circumstances surrounding the incident.
Correctional Service Canada
Assistant Warden Management Services
Most Popular Stories
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- RFD-TV launches on Charter Cable
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- Ullman Says Penney Turnaround Will Take Time
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!
- Under the alien ; Tulsa native Heather Langenkamp talks about how she got a part in the new "Star Trek" film.
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox