INNISFAIL, ALBERTA -- (Marketwire) -- 03/18/13 -- On March 16, 2013, inmate Gerard Mallett from Bowden Institution was found unresponsive in his cell. Correctional Officers immediately performed CPR and an ambulance was called.
The offender was taken to the Innisfail Hospital where he was pronounced dead at approximately 2:16 p.m.
At the time of his death, Mr. Mallett, 62 years old, was serving a two-year sentence for Sexual Assault. His sentence had commenced on December 20, 2012.
Next of kin have been notified.
As in all cases where an individual dies while in custody, the police and coroner have been notified. In addition, the Correctional Service of Canada will review the circumstances surrounding the incident.
Correctional Service Canada
Assistant Warden Management Services
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Musk Donates to Tesla Museum
- Terrific World Cup Ends with Marquee Final in Brazil
- U.S.' No. 2, No. 3 Tobacco Cos in Merger Talks
- Ex-CalPERS Chief Admits Receiving Bribes
- Freshman Frustrations in Congress
- Crumbs to Be Reopened by Chicago-based Investor, Owner of Dippin' Dots
- Samsung Earnings Hit by Slowing China Sales
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing