Washington (dpa) - The pregnant coach of a Pennsylvania lacrosse
team was killed Saturday when the bus carrying her team to a match
crashed, officials said.
The 61-year-old driver was also killed when the vehicle veered off the highway, according to Megan Silverstrim, of the Cumberland County Department of Public Safety, in broadcast remarks.
The 30-year-old coach, who was six months pregnant, and her unborn child both died, Silverstrim said.
The Seton Hill University lacrosse team was travelling from its home base near Pittsburgh, in western Pennsylvania, for a match at Millersville University, in the eastern part of the state, media reports said.
Most Popular Stories
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- FCC May Allow Companies to Pay for Internet Priority
- NRA Seeks Universal Concealed Carry Permits
- Money Market Fund Assets up by $7.32 Billion
- Pols Back Away From Bundy After Racist Statements
- First-time Jobless Claims Jump by 24,000
- Durable Goods Orders Rose More Than Expected
- Putin Says Internet Is CIA Plot
- Freshman Senators Speak Out on Foreign Policy
- Hillary Clinton to UConn: 'Take a Stand'