Washington (dpa) - The pregnant coach of a Pennsylvania lacrosse
team was killed Saturday when the bus carrying her team to a match
crashed, officials said.
The 61-year-old driver was also killed when the vehicle veered off the highway, according to Megan Silverstrim, of the Cumberland County Department of Public Safety, in broadcast remarks.
The 30-year-old coach, who was six months pregnant, and her unborn child both died, Silverstrim said.
The Seton Hill University lacrosse team was travelling from its home base near Pittsburgh, in western Pennsylvania, for a match at Millersville University, in the eastern part of the state, media reports said.
Most Popular Stories
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend
- GOP, Dems Strain to Unearth a Modest Budget Pact