Washington (dpa) - The pregnant coach of a Pennsylvania lacrosse
team was killed Saturday when the bus carrying her team to a match
crashed, officials said.
The 61-year-old driver was also killed when the vehicle veered off the highway, according to Megan Silverstrim, of the Cumberland County Department of Public Safety, in broadcast remarks.
The 30-year-old coach, who was six months pregnant, and her unborn child both died, Silverstrim said.
The Seton Hill University lacrosse team was travelling from its home base near Pittsburgh, in western Pennsylvania, for a match at Millersville University, in the eastern part of the state, media reports said.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder