Washington (dpa) - The pregnant coach of a Pennsylvania lacrosse
team was killed Saturday when the bus carrying her team to a match
crashed, officials said.
The 61-year-old driver was also killed when the vehicle veered off the highway, according to Megan Silverstrim, of the Cumberland County Department of Public Safety, in broadcast remarks.
The 30-year-old coach, who was six months pregnant, and her unborn child both died, Silverstrim said.
The Seton Hill University lacrosse team was travelling from its home base near Pittsburgh, in western Pennsylvania, for a match at Millersville University, in the eastern part of the state, media reports said.
Most Popular Stories
- Small Businesses Could Get Paid Faster
- Downside of Low Mortgage Rates: Less Selling
- Correction: North Dakota Saltwater Spill Story
- Economists Sharply Cut Forecasts for U.S. Growth
- Bundy Ranch Standoff Has Spurred Radical Right
- Reynolds, Lorillard in Merger Talks
- NHTSA Probes Ford Steering Problems
- House Votes to Make Bonus Depreciation Permanent
- Wells Fargo Profit Up, Revenue Down
- Liverpool Sells Luis Suarez to Barcelona