Washington (dpa) - The pregnant coach of a Pennsylvania lacrosse
team was killed Saturday when the bus carrying her team to a match
crashed, officials said.
The 61-year-old driver was also killed when the vehicle veered off the highway, according to Megan Silverstrim, of the Cumberland County Department of Public Safety, in broadcast remarks.
The 30-year-old coach, who was six months pregnant, and her unborn child both died, Silverstrim said.
The Seton Hill University lacrosse team was travelling from its home base near Pittsburgh, in western Pennsylvania, for a match at Millersville University, in the eastern part of the state, media reports said.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women