Twitter plans to expand way beyond its 140
character micro-blogging service.
Just weeks after the popular communications platform unveiled a new video service it is now preparing to offer its hundreds of millions of users a new way to find and listen to music.
The web-based social messaging service is to launch a mobile music application that will let its users play and share songs on Apple devices, according to Bloomberg News.
The app will stream music from the Berlin-based audio-sharing service SoundCloud. It also will be integrated with We Are Hunted, a digital media startup that Twitter acquired last year and which tracks the top trending 100 songs on the internet.
Technology website cnet.com reported that the new app could debut by the end of the month.
Most Popular Stories
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Social Media Startups That Pay You to Post
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Female Business Owners Still Face Gender Gap
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana