Twitter plans to expand way beyond its 140
character micro-blogging service.
Just weeks after the popular communications platform unveiled a new video service it is now preparing to offer its hundreds of millions of users a new way to find and listen to music.
The web-based social messaging service is to launch a mobile music application that will let its users play and share songs on Apple devices, according to Bloomberg News.
The app will stream music from the Berlin-based audio-sharing service SoundCloud. It also will be integrated with We Are Hunted, a digital media startup that Twitter acquired last year and which tracks the top trending 100 songs on the internet.
Technology website cnet.com reported that the new app could debut by the end of the month.
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Islamic Militant in James Foley Beheading Video May Be English