Lock your cars! Or, at least, don't stash $100,000 worth of jewelry in your Mercedes, and leave the doors open. That's what dancing actress Julianne Hough, star of "Safe Haven," seems to have done after parking outside a pal's apartment building.
Not surprisingly, when she came back to the Benz, the driver's-side door was wide open, the car's interior was trashed and the bling was long gone.
The jewels were gifts from the prince of E! himself, Hough's long-term (yet still short) boyfriend, Ryan Seacrest. The effervescent "American Idol" host had given his tiny dancer a $50,000 watch, plus another $50,000 in baubles.
When Seacrest heard about his fair-haired maiden's misfortune, he said (OK, Lady Tattle imagined he said):
"Jules, my sweet! Those were but mere trinkets! I shall pay you in oodles of platinum and gold and diamonds and Rolexes galore, should you stand beside me on red carpets and look lovingly into my eyes for all eternity!"
(Hough nodded dutifully. Then Seacrest went back to staring longingly at a framed portrait of former "Idol" judge Simon Cowell.)
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 'Fury' Gets Into Soldiers' Minds: Brad Pitt
- Car Drivers Warned to Get Air Bags Fixed