CLEVELAND, OH -- (Marketwire) -- 03/14/13 -- Oswald Companies has announced the election of Janice Tomlinson to its Board of Directors.
Tomlinson is former Executive Vice President, International Field Operations Manager, with The Chubb Corporation. She retired in December 2009 after a 36-year tenure with the company.
Tomlinson joined Chubb in 1973 as a commercial underwriter and managed the Westchester branch from 1986-1990. She was appointed Worldwide Director of Human Resources in 1990, and in 1995, was named Canadian Zone officer, Chairman and President of Chubb Canada. Prior to her retirement, she was responsible for Chubb's international operations.
She was recognized as one of New Jersey's Best Women in Business from NJBiz and voted APIW's Insurance Woman of the Year in 2009. She currently serves as a director for Navigators Group, Inc., various subsidiaries of FirstCan Management, and the Hilb Group. In addition, she is a member of the Suncoast Women's Forum.
She received her bachelor's degree from Marymount College of Kansas. She completed the Yale University Executive Management Program, the Harvard University Senior Human Resources Strategic Management Program and Chubb's Global Executive Program.
"We are thrilled to welcome Janice onto our Board," said Marc S. Byrnes, Chairman, Oswald Companies. "We look forward to her contributions, as well as her experience and insight from an international perspective, as Oswald continues to grow its presence worldwide."
About Oswald Companies Founded in 1893, Cleveland-based and employee-owned, Oswald is one of the nation's largest independent insurance brokerage firms. As a proud member of Assurex Global, the world's largest association of privately held insurance brokers, our risk management professionals can service and support the needs of our clients worldwide.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2257082
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday