McDonald's will launch its first egg-white breakfast sandwich April 22, the company confirmed Wednesday.
The Oak Brook-based burger giant is prepping a launch for the Egg White Delight, featuring egg whites cooked on a grill with a spatula and topped with white cheddar and Canadian bacon on an English muffin made with whole grains. Egg white versions will also be available for the company's other breakfast sandwiches.
The 250 calorie sandwich was tested in Atlanta and Austin, Texas, last year.
Egg whites are just the one of the new products in the offing. Three McWrap sandwiches, grilled or fried chicken with bacon, ranch or sweet chili sauce, will arrive March 25, and a blueberry pomegranate smoothie will hit stores by May 15.
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Climate Change Isn't an Equal Opportunity Destroyer
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum
- Ally Financial Settles Auto Loan Suit
- Kanye, Kardashians and Other Kooks: A Wacky, Tacky, Entertaining Year
- Covered California Lags on Hispanic Enrollment
- Luis Suarez Re-ups With Liverpool F.C.
- Chris Christie Set to Sign Tuition Aid Bill
- Little Risk of Deportation Under Obama
- Time No Longer Stands Still for Cuban Entrepreneurs