McDonald's will launch its first egg-white breakfast sandwich April 22, the company confirmed Wednesday.
The Oak Brook-based burger giant is prepping a launch for the Egg White Delight, featuring egg whites cooked on a grill with a spatula and topped with white cheddar and Canadian bacon on an English muffin made with whole grains. Egg white versions will also be available for the company's other breakfast sandwiches.
The 250 calorie sandwich was tested in Atlanta and Austin, Texas, last year.
Egg whites are just the one of the new products in the offing. Three McWrap sandwiches, grilled or fried chicken with bacon, ranch or sweet chili sauce, will arrive March 25, and a blueberry pomegranate smoothie will hit stores by May 15.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Parameters Being Drawn for IS Action
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy