McDonald's will launch its first egg-white breakfast sandwich April 22, the company confirmed Wednesday.
The Oak Brook-based burger giant is prepping a launch for the Egg White Delight, featuring egg whites cooked on a grill with a spatula and topped with white cheddar and Canadian bacon on an English muffin made with whole grains. Egg white versions will also be available for the company's other breakfast sandwiches.
The 250 calorie sandwich was tested in Atlanta and Austin, Texas, last year.
Egg whites are just the one of the new products in the offing. Three McWrap sandwiches, grilled or fried chicken with bacon, ranch or sweet chili sauce, will arrive March 25, and a blueberry pomegranate smoothie will hit stores by May 15.
Most Popular Stories
- Small Businesses Could Get Paid Faster
- Challenger Raises Bar on Muscle Cars
- Correction: North Dakota Saltwater Spill Story
- Perez Picks Heavily Hispanic Districts in Recount
- Infiniti Exec de Nysschen to Head Cadillac
- Economists Sharply Cut Forecasts for U.S. Growth
- NHTSA Probes Ford Steering Problems
- Fight Against Teacher Tenure Gains Momentum
- Downside of Low Mortgage Rates: Less Selling
- Reynolds, Lorillard in Merger Talks