McDonald's will launch its first egg-white breakfast sandwich April 22, the company confirmed Wednesday.
The Oak Brook-based burger giant is prepping a launch for the Egg White Delight, featuring egg whites cooked on a grill with a spatula and topped with white cheddar and Canadian bacon on an English muffin made with whole grains. Egg white versions will also be available for the company's other breakfast sandwiches.
The 250 calorie sandwich was tested in Atlanta and Austin, Texas, last year.
Egg whites are just the one of the new products in the offing. Three McWrap sandwiches, grilled or fried chicken with bacon, ranch or sweet chili sauce, will arrive March 25, and a blueberry pomegranate smoothie will hit stores by May 15.
Most Popular Stories
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Exciting Night for UFC Fans
- Teen Drivers Should Be Prepared for Any Car-Related Situation
- Summer Movies Aimed at Young Men, Teen Boys
- RFD-TV launches on Charter Cable