McDonald's will launch its first egg-white breakfast sandwich April 22, the company confirmed Wednesday.
The Oak Brook-based burger giant is prepping a launch for the Egg White Delight, featuring egg whites cooked on a grill with a spatula and topped with white cheddar and Canadian bacon on an English muffin made with whole grains. Egg white versions will also be available for the company's other breakfast sandwiches.
The 250 calorie sandwich was tested in Atlanta and Austin, Texas, last year.
Egg whites are just the one of the new products in the offing. Three McWrap sandwiches, grilled or fried chicken with bacon, ranch or sweet chili sauce, will arrive March 25, and a blueberry pomegranate smoothie will hit stores by May 15.
Most Popular Stories
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street