A Connecticut man said he raised $5,000 online to fund his trip to visit all 788 of his Facebook friends in person.
Ty Morin said the aim of his "Friend Request: Accepted" project, which he is funding with donations received on Kickstarter.com, "is to reconnect with people. No more hiding behind the screen of social media," CNN reported Thursday.
"Stop looking down at your phone and pretending you're texting your BFF when you walk by an old friend from high school. Let's get out there and remind people what it's like to have a face to face conversation with someone," Morin said on his Kickstarter page.
Morin said he plans to take a picture of each person performing an activity they love. He said he will use a classic 8x10 folding camera to take pictures, which will take extra time.
"The idea here isn't to get everyone in a room and fire off hundreds of pictures one after another. I want to sit down with everyone and witness what gets their blood pumping," he said.
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Cheap Gas Drives Down U.S. Wholesale Prices Again
- Bitcoin or Bad Coin? Warnings Mount Against Virtual Currency
- Expanding Medicaid Creates Jobs: Study
- Producer Price Index Dropped in November
- Robert Levinson Was on CIA Mission
- Beyonce Releases New Album With No Marketing
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- 'Dreamers' Hope for Permanent Immigration Status