A Connecticut man said he raised $5,000 online to fund his trip to visit all 788 of his Facebook friends in person.
Ty Morin said the aim of his "Friend Request: Accepted" project, which he is funding with donations received on Kickstarter.com, "is to reconnect with people. No more hiding behind the screen of social media," CNN reported Thursday.
"Stop looking down at your phone and pretending you're texting your BFF when you walk by an old friend from high school. Let's get out there and remind people what it's like to have a face to face conversation with someone," Morin said on his Kickstarter page.
Morin said he plans to take a picture of each person performing an activity they love. He said he will use a classic 8x10 folding camera to take pictures, which will take extra time.
"The idea here isn't to get everyone in a room and fire off hundreds of pictures one after another. I want to sit down with everyone and witness what gets their blood pumping," he said.
Most Popular Stories
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Summer Movies Aimed at Young Men, Teen Boys
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Exciting Night for UFC Fans
- Teen Drivers Should Be Prepared for Any Car-Related Situation