WICHITA, KS -- (Marketwire) -- 03/14/13 -- Universal Lubricants® (www.universallubes.com), manufacturer and distributor of the Eco Ultra® line of high performance lubricants, is asking consumers, automotive service centers and fleet owners to help the environment this St. Patrick's Day by taking the 30-Day Eco Ultra Oil Change Pledge to replace every standard oil change with a "green" Eco Ultra oil change between St. Patrick's Day and Earth Day this year.
Eco Ultra® (www.ecoultraoil.com) Synthetic Blend Motor Oil is made from high-quality re-refined base stock and blended with premium performance additives. It is produced at Universal Lubricants' technologically advanced re-refinery in Wichita, Kansas using a proprietary Closed Loop Process. The company collects used oil and then re-refines, blends and re-distributes its own motor and engine oils in an infinitely repeatable, sustainable cycle never losing guardianship within the chain.
"Re-refining technology turns a previously nonrenewable resource into a renewable one. What can be greener than that?" said John Wesley, CEO of Universal Lubricants. "Hypothetically, if every one of the 34.7 million Irish-Americans got an Eco Ultra oil change during the 30 days between St. Patrick's Day and Earth Day, they would save our country 69.4 million barrels of crude oil from being extracted or imported for motor oil production. If all 308 million Americans did the same, we could prevent 616 million barrels of crude oil from being extracted from the Earth. And the benefits of using products made from re-refined base oil multiply when used in large commercial vehicles."
The U.S. Department of Energy's fuel economy website reports that routine preventive maintenance, including oil changes at the mileage intervals recommended by vehicle manufacturers, extends vehicle life and improve gas mileage by up to 2 percent.
Wesley said that consumers and service professionals who take the Eco Ultra Oil Change Pledge will help the environment in three ways.
1. Save energy: Re-refining used oil requires up to 89% less energy than refining from virgin crude.
2. Reduce harmful emissions: Re-refining used oil releases up to 65% fewer harmful emissions than refining from virgin crude.
3. Prevent ground water pollution: Putting used motor oil into the re-refining cycle eliminates the danger that comes from improper disposal; one gallon of improperly disposed motor oil can contaminate one million gallons of ground water.
"About 1.3 billion gallons of oil are used in the U.S. each year, but only about 10-15 percent of that oil is repurposed. By taking the 30-day Eco Ultra Oil Change Pledge, Americans will build awareness for products made from these 'green' base oils and help prevent improper disposal and damage to the environment," Wesley said.
Eco Ultra® Synthetic Blend Motor Oil is certified by the American Petroleum Institute to meet or exceed SAE requirements and OEM specifications. Its state-of-the-art additive package reduces engine and ring wear, keeps engines clean of harmful deposits, extends drain intervals and reduces oil consumption. Eco Ultra also helps protect against sludge, rust and acid buildup.
For more information and to order Eco Ultra please visit ecoultraoil.com or call 1.800.444.OILS.
About Universal Lubricants®
Founded in 1929, Universal Lubricants is a driving force in sustainability. Through its innovative Closed Loop Process, the company collects used oil, re-refines it to produce high quality base oil, then blends and distributes its own motor oils and engine lubricants throughout North America without ever losing guardianship within the chain. Universal Lubricants also offers comprehensive industrial and environmental services, engine oil analysis and products for consumers, fleet operators, auto dealerships and service centers. It operates 36 facilities including one of the world's most technologically advanced and innovative re-refineries in Wichita, Kansas. A leader in research and development, Universal Lubricants is a Pegasus Capital Advisors portfolio company and employs more than 450 workers. For more information visit www.universallubes.com.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- NSHMBA Names Lincoln as Automotive Partner
- Hiring on the Rise at Small Businesses
- 3.4 Million Now Insured Under Covered California
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio