Junior Achievement of Eastern Iowa is currently accepting nominations for three elite individuals to be inducted as Laureates and one to be inducted as a Young Entrepreneur to the 2013 Cedar Valley Business Hall of Fame. Nominations for these awards will be accepted until March 13.
Individuals inducted into the Cedar Valley Business Hall of Fame are outstanding business leaders who have made legendary contributions to the free enterprise system. Nominations are made by members of the community then selected by an independent committee. The event is a black tie gala held in honor of the honorees Sept. 12 at the Pipac Centre, 1521 Technology Parkway, Cedar Falls. Highlights of the evening will include video biographies of each laureate being honored.
Individuals are encouraged to nominate business leaders who have accomplished significant business and personal goals while making Eastern Iowa a better place to live. These individuals:
--made an impact on their industry or organization;
--bestow integrity as an ethical business leader;
--are committed to bettering the community as a whole;
--display leadership qualities, which allow them to be exemplary role models; and
--exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit in starting or significantly advancing local business.
Nominees for the Young Entrepreneur Award must exemplify the above qualities, have started or purchased a business, be a current or previous resident of the Cedar Valley area and be 40 years of age or younger at the time of the event.
Visit www.JAEasternIowa.org or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for a nomination form. Nominations will be accepted through March 13.
Most Popular Stories
- Updates on Everglades' Stranded Pilot Whales
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- White House Pushes to Extend Unemployment Benefits
- Elizabeth Warren Ends 2016 Presidential Rumors