Taylor Swift's publicist says unopened fan mail addressed to the country singer and discovered in a Nashville trash pile ended up there "accidentally."
Kaylee Francescan told ABC Nashville station WKRN she found the letters -- some of which were "covered with pictures, hearts and sparkles" while she was throwing trash in a recycling container.
"There were like hundreds of letters in there to Taylor Swift and I'm like, 'Oh, my gosh!' I didn't know if they were stolen [or] discarded, so I threw them in a box," Francescan said. "And I'm like, 'Somebody needs to let Taylor know.' It did bother me [because] I know how much her fans mean to her."
But Swift's representative told UsMagazine.com the missives ended up in the garbage by mistake.
"A small batch of mail that was supposed to be delivered to Taylor was accidentally put with letters headed for the recycling center," the publicist said.
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Google Chrome Bug Draining Batteries: Report
- Clinton Wants U.S., E.U. to Get Tough on Russia
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American
- GM Looking for Ignition Fix for Certain Cadillacs
- U.S. Stocks Start the Week on Shaky Ground
- BlackBerry Appoints New COO from LiveOps Inc.