Taylor Swift's publicist says unopened fan mail addressed to the country singer and discovered in a Nashville trash pile ended up there "accidentally."
Kaylee Francescan told ABC Nashville station WKRN she found the letters -- some of which were "covered with pictures, hearts and sparkles" while she was throwing trash in a recycling container.
"There were like hundreds of letters in there to Taylor Swift and I'm like, 'Oh, my gosh!' I didn't know if they were stolen [or] discarded, so I threw them in a box," Francescan said. "And I'm like, 'Somebody needs to let Taylor know.' It did bother me [because] I know how much her fans mean to her."
But Swift's representative told UsMagazine.com the missives ended up in the garbage by mistake.
"A small batch of mail that was supposed to be delivered to Taylor was accidentally put with letters headed for the recycling center," the publicist said.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March