Taylor Swift's publicist says unopened fan mail addressed to the country singer and discovered in a Nashville trash pile ended up there "accidentally."
Kaylee Francescan told ABC Nashville station WKRN she found the letters -- some of which were "covered with pictures, hearts and sparkles" while she was throwing trash in a recycling container.
"There were like hundreds of letters in there to Taylor Swift and I'm like, 'Oh, my gosh!' I didn't know if they were stolen [or] discarded, so I threw them in a box," Francescan said. "And I'm like, 'Somebody needs to let Taylor know.' It did bother me [because] I know how much her fans mean to her."
But Swift's representative told UsMagazine.com the missives ended up in the garbage by mistake.
"A small batch of mail that was supposed to be delivered to Taylor was accidentally put with letters headed for the recycling center," the publicist said.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- Boehner Says No to Palin's Call for Impeachment
- Judge Strikes Down Colo. Gay Marriage Ban
- Kerry Calls for Calm in Gaza
- U.S. Wholesalers Cut Stockpiles as Sales Weaken
- FOMC Minutes From June 17 Meeting: Full Text
- UAW Will Take Another Swing at VW Chattanooga
- Boeing Raises Forecast on Plane Demand
- Libyan Production Pushes Brent Crude Below $109