Taylor Swift's publicist says unopened fan mail addressed to the country singer and discovered in a Nashville trash pile ended up there "accidentally."
Kaylee Francescan told ABC Nashville station WKRN she found the letters -- some of which were "covered with pictures, hearts and sparkles" while she was throwing trash in a recycling container.
"There were like hundreds of letters in there to Taylor Swift and I'm like, 'Oh, my gosh!' I didn't know if they were stolen [or] discarded, so I threw them in a box," Francescan said. "And I'm like, 'Somebody needs to let Taylor know.' It did bother me [because] I know how much her fans mean to her."
But Swift's representative told UsMagazine.com the missives ended up in the garbage by mistake.
"A small batch of mail that was supposed to be delivered to Taylor was accidentally put with letters headed for the recycling center," the publicist said.
Most Popular Stories
- World Bank: Rich Countries Must Curb Emissions
- Airport Garners Social Media Award
- Social Media Campaign Increases Organ Donor Registrations
- Immigration Reform Would Decrease U.S. Budget Deficit
- Conference Slated for Hispanic Tech Startups
- Tea Party Wants to 'Audit the IRS'
- Using Acids to Unlock Shale Oil OK, Regulator Says
- Amazon Doesn't Need Tax Breaks but Gets Offered Millions
- Patriots' Aaron Hernandez Questioned in Slaying
- Banks Don't Follow Rules in Mortgage Settlement