New Zealand-born filmmaker Peter Jackson will offer a sneak peek of "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" online this month, Warner Bros. said.
Jackson -- whose blockbuster "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" is to be released on DVD and Blu-ray March 19 -- will introduce a glimpse of the movie's sequel "The Desolation of Smaug" March 24 at 3 p.m. EDT at www.hobbit.com/sneak.
Fans can submit video questions for the Oscar-winning filmmaker through March 19 on "The Hobbit" Facebook page, or through the Vine mobile app using the hashtag #askPeterJackson, for a question and answer session to follow the premiere of the "Smaug" clip.
Fans can also Tweet links to video questions using the hashtag #askPeterJackson.
The live event will be limited to holders of an UltraViolet code, available by purchasing the home version of "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey," the studio said.
Most Popular Stories
- Steven Sotloff Beheading Video Claimed by Islamic State
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- Men Are the Big Winners in the Jobs Recovery
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- Ford Is Finding Success With Its 'Unminivan'
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- U.S. Drones Hit al-Shabab in Somalia
- Health Care Hiring Up, Wages Down
- Auto Industry Going Back to Bad Habits