New Zealand-born filmmaker Peter Jackson will offer a sneak peek of "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" online this month, Warner Bros. said.
Jackson -- whose blockbuster "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" is to be released on DVD and Blu-ray March 19 -- will introduce a glimpse of the movie's sequel "The Desolation of Smaug" March 24 at 3 p.m. EDT at www.hobbit.com/sneak.
Fans can submit video questions for the Oscar-winning filmmaker through March 19 on "The Hobbit" Facebook page, or through the Vine mobile app using the hashtag #askPeterJackson, for a question and answer session to follow the premiere of the "Smaug" clip.
Fans can also Tweet links to video questions using the hashtag #askPeterJackson.
The live event will be limited to holders of an UltraViolet code, available by purchasing the home version of "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey," the studio said.
Most Popular Stories
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Exciting Night for UFC Fans
- Teen Drivers Should Be Prepared for Any Car-Related Situation
- Summer Movies Aimed at Young Men, Teen Boys
- RFD-TV launches on Charter Cable