TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 03/12/13 -- Learning just became a lot more enjoyable for children with autism and other developmental delays, thanks to the new ABA Find It! educational application from Special Appucations. The app, now available on iTunes, is geared specifically towards children with special needs, and takes a fun and interactive approach to learning about language.
With the help of Stanley the Elephant, children are invited to identify objects within a specific category (for example, food or animals) using Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) techniques and high-quality imagery. Children are rewarded for each correct response and once a level is mastered, they're able to advance to more complex levels. Caregivers can also keep track of their child's progress as performance data are collected and compiled in to a detailed progress report.
This is the first educational application product from Special Appucations, a company spearheaded by two highly-qualified behaviour analysts, Nancy Defina-Marchese and Sarah Kupferschmidt - both hold Masters of Arts in Psychology degrees and are Board Certified Behaviour Analysts.
"We're very excited about the launch of the ABA Find It! app. It's important to us to make the learning process for kids with special needs as fun and engaging as possible," says Sarah Kupferschmidt, Co-CEO and Co-Founder of Special Appucations. "It's our intention to continue to develop new and inspiring ways to help parents and caregivers teach and connect with their child."
In addition to creating an educational environment for children that motivates and rewards, Special Appucations apps also oer parents an aordable way to enhance their child's current learning program.
ABA Find It! can be downloaded from iTunes.
About Special Appucations
Special Appucations was created to address the unique and specific learning needs of kids with autism and other developmental delays. To learn more about Special Appucations, please visit www.specialappucations.com.
Sarah Kupferschmidt M.A., BCBA
Co-CEO and Co-Founder
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?