"Samuel Adams Brewing the American Dream" said it will host a free event, offering "speed-coaching" for startups and owners of food and craft brewing businesses. The event will be held from 6 pm to 8:30 pm on Monday, March 18th, in the La Jolla Ballroom, at 301 Alcazar Ave. Coral Gables.
The "speed-coaching" will be a series of one-on-one, 20-minute sessions with Samuel Adams employees and local business experts on problems and challenges they face in starting or expanding their food or brewing businesses including: marketing, distribution, e-commerce and social media--as well has how to apply for a "Brewing the American Dream" micro-loan of $500-$25,000.
Brewing the American Dream is the brainchild of Jim Koch, founder of The Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams Beer), who started 29 years ago as a craft brewer wannabee--and couldn't get a bank loan or help with distribution, the company said.
Since 2008, Samuel Adams Brewing the American Dream has provided $1.9 million of micro-financing to more than 220 small food and beverage businesses nationwide, created or saved over 1,400 jobs, and coached or mentored nearly 3,000 small business owners, the company said.
To sign up for the event, visit http://samadamsbtadmiami.eventbrite.com/#.
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply