Wize Commerce CEO and MIT alumnus Jeff Katz will deliver the keynote address at an MIT Club of SoCal event called "Startup Saturday: Breakfast with Leaders in Entrepreneurship."
In his keynote, Katz will draw on his business experience in the airline, retail, and e-commerce industries to share lessons learned over the course of his 30-plus year career.
Prior to his current position as CEO of leading e-commerce company Wize Commerce, Katz served as founding Chairman and CEO of Orbitz, a Vice President and head of the SABRE division at American Airlines, President and CEO of Swissair, and CEO of LeapFrog Enterprises.
"I've learned a lot over the course of my career, first in the airline industry, then in retail and online ticketing, and now in the e-commerce industry," Katz said. "And I look forward to sharing my experiences as a startup survivor with my fellow MIT alumni, who are some of the smartest people in the country."
The event will begin at 10 AM on Saturday, March 16th, at the Covel Commons at UCLA. Katz will deliver his keynote at 11 a.m., which will be followed by an hour-long panel discussion.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Laid-off Workers Return to Their Fields