Wize Commerce CEO and MIT alumnus Jeff Katz will deliver the keynote address at an MIT Club of SoCal event called "Startup Saturday: Breakfast with Leaders in Entrepreneurship."
In his keynote, Katz will draw on his business experience in the airline, retail, and e-commerce industries to share lessons learned over the course of his 30-plus year career.
Prior to his current position as CEO of leading e-commerce company Wize Commerce, Katz served as founding Chairman and CEO of Orbitz, a Vice President and head of the SABRE division at American Airlines, President and CEO of Swissair, and CEO of LeapFrog Enterprises.
"I've learned a lot over the course of my career, first in the airline industry, then in retail and online ticketing, and now in the e-commerce industry," Katz said. "And I look forward to sharing my experiences as a startup survivor with my fellow MIT alumni, who are some of the smartest people in the country."
The event will begin at 10 AM on Saturday, March 16th, at the Covel Commons at UCLA. Katz will deliver his keynote at 11 a.m., which will be followed by an hour-long panel discussion.
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists