Wize Commerce CEO and MIT alumnus Jeff Katz will deliver the keynote address at an MIT Club of SoCal event called "Startup Saturday: Breakfast with Leaders in Entrepreneurship."
In his keynote, Katz will draw on his business experience in the airline, retail, and e-commerce industries to share lessons learned over the course of his 30-plus year career.
Prior to his current position as CEO of leading e-commerce company Wize Commerce, Katz served as founding Chairman and CEO of Orbitz, a Vice President and head of the SABRE division at American Airlines, President and CEO of Swissair, and CEO of LeapFrog Enterprises.
"I've learned a lot over the course of my career, first in the airline industry, then in retail and online ticketing, and now in the e-commerce industry," Katz said. "And I look forward to sharing my experiences as a startup survivor with my fellow MIT alumni, who are some of the smartest people in the country."
The event will begin at 10 AM on Saturday, March 16th, at the Covel Commons at UCLA. Katz will deliver his keynote at 11 a.m., which will be followed by an hour-long panel discussion.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Ohio Couple Married 70 Years, Die 15 Hours Apart
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- Fiat Chrysler to Build 3 Jeeps in China
- Hawaii is Genetically Engineered Crop Flash Point