Wize Commerce CEO and MIT alumnus Jeff Katz will deliver the keynote address at an MIT Club of SoCal event called "Startup Saturday: Breakfast with Leaders in Entrepreneurship."
In his keynote, Katz will draw on his business experience in the airline, retail, and e-commerce industries to share lessons learned over the course of his 30-plus year career.
Prior to his current position as CEO of leading e-commerce company Wize Commerce, Katz served as founding Chairman and CEO of Orbitz, a Vice President and head of the SABRE division at American Airlines, President and CEO of Swissair, and CEO of LeapFrog Enterprises.
"I've learned a lot over the course of my career, first in the airline industry, then in retail and online ticketing, and now in the e-commerce industry," Katz said. "And I look forward to sharing my experiences as a startup survivor with my fellow MIT alumni, who are some of the smartest people in the country."
The event will begin at 10 AM on Saturday, March 16th, at the Covel Commons at UCLA. Katz will deliver his keynote at 11 a.m., which will be followed by an hour-long panel discussion.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Budget Deal Will Cut 220,000 Californians Out of Jobless Benefits
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Futures Fall, Holiday Spending and Unemployment Up
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States