Wize Commerce CEO and MIT alumnus Jeff Katz will deliver the keynote address at an MIT Club of SoCal event called "Startup Saturday: Breakfast with Leaders in Entrepreneurship."
In his keynote, Katz will draw on his business experience in the airline, retail, and e-commerce industries to share lessons learned over the course of his 30-plus year career.
Prior to his current position as CEO of leading e-commerce company Wize Commerce, Katz served as founding Chairman and CEO of Orbitz, a Vice President and head of the SABRE division at American Airlines, President and CEO of Swissair, and CEO of LeapFrog Enterprises.
"I've learned a lot over the course of my career, first in the airline industry, then in retail and online ticketing, and now in the e-commerce industry," Katz said. "And I look forward to sharing my experiences as a startup survivor with my fellow MIT alumni, who are some of the smartest people in the country."
The event will begin at 10 AM on Saturday, March 16th, at the Covel Commons at UCLA. Katz will deliver his keynote at 11 a.m., which will be followed by an hour-long panel discussion.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- FAA to Appeal Court Decision Allowing Commercial Drone Use
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Spotify Picking up Echo Nest
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Arriola Takes Charge at SoCalGas