Even though Google glasses aren't even available yet, a Seattle bar has already banned them from its establishment, owners of the bar said.
"For the record, The 5 Point is the first Seattle business to ban in advance Google Glasses. And [butt] kickings will be encouraged for violators," Seattle's 5 Point Cafe said.
Google is still developing the glasses, which can take pictures, videos and display directions and social conversations on the lenses, KIRO-FM, Seattle said.
Dave Meinert, 5 Point owner, said he wants to preserve patrons' privacy, and that he doesn't want his customers to be secretly videotaped.
The glasses will likely be available for purchase by the end of 2013, KIRO-FM said.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women