Even though Google glasses aren't even available yet, a Seattle bar has already banned them from its establishment, owners of the bar said.
"For the record, The 5 Point is the first Seattle business to ban in advance Google Glasses. And [butt] kickings will be encouraged for violators," Seattle's 5 Point Cafe said.
Google is still developing the glasses, which can take pictures, videos and display directions and social conversations on the lenses, KIRO-FM, Seattle said.
Dave Meinert, 5 Point owner, said he wants to preserve patrons' privacy, and that he doesn't want his customers to be secretly videotaped.
The glasses will likely be available for purchase by the end of 2013, KIRO-FM said.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- Deere Announces New Round of Layoffs
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare
- Swiss Suicide Tourism Doubled Since 2009