U.S. actress Bonnie Franklin has died of complications from pancreatic cancer, her family said Friday. She was 69.
Franklin is best known for her portrayal of Ann Romano, the single mother of two teen daughters, on the TV sitcom "One Day at a Time," which ran from 1975-84.
The actress announced last September that she had battling pancreatic cancer. Yahoo! confirmed her death Friday but didn't say exactly when and where it happened.
Franklin appeared on her former TV daughter Valerie Bertinelli's new sitcom, "Hot in Cleveland," in 2011, and was a guest star on the soap opera "The Young and the Restless" earlier this year, Yahoo! said.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women