U.S. actress Bonnie Franklin has died of complications from pancreatic cancer, her family said Friday. She was 69.
Franklin is best known for her portrayal of Ann Romano, the single mother of two teen daughters, on the TV sitcom "One Day at a Time," which ran from 1975-84.
The actress announced last September that she had battling pancreatic cancer. Yahoo! confirmed her death Friday but didn't say exactly when and where it happened.
Franklin appeared on her former TV daughter Valerie Bertinelli's new sitcom, "Hot in Cleveland," in 2011, and was a guest star on the soap opera "The Young and the Restless" earlier this year, Yahoo! said.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response