U.S. actress Bonnie Franklin has died of complications from pancreatic cancer, her family said Friday. She was 69.
Franklin is best known for her portrayal of Ann Romano, the single mother of two teen daughters, on the TV sitcom "One Day at a Time," which ran from 1975-84.
The actress announced last September that she had battling pancreatic cancer. Yahoo! confirmed her death Friday but didn't say exactly when and where it happened.
Franklin appeared on her former TV daughter Valerie Bertinelli's new sitcom, "Hot in Cleveland," in 2011, and was a guest star on the soap opera "The Young and the Restless" earlier this year, Yahoo! said.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap
- Clinton Sought GOP Support for Health Plan
- Saucedo Mercer Running on Empty in Arizona
- Earnings Season Starts Rough for Health Insurers
- Spring Salmon Return to San Joaquin
- Asia Seeks Obama's Assurance Over Spats
- IPO Market Shows Signs of Settling Down to Earth
- National Energy Boom Blurs Political Battle Lines