In his first major interview since his unsuccessful 2012 presidential campaign, Mitt Romney likened the experience to a "roller coaster."
"We were on a roller coaster, exciting and thrilling, ups and downs. But the ride ends," Romney told Fox News. "And then you get off. And it's not like, 'Oh, can't we be on a roller coaster the rest of our life?' It's like, no, the ride's over."
The Republican presidential nominee and his wife Anne were interviewed by Fox News for their interview since the Nov. 6 election, NBC News reported. Promotional clips of the interview have been released, while the entire piece will be aired on Sunday.
"It is an adjustment, but it's one I think we did well," Ann Romney said about the family's transition out of the public eye. She added, "The good news is fortunately we like each other."
Ann Romney also said the family's service in the Mormon Church had prepared them for the transition back to civilian life, Politico reported.
"In our church, we're used to serving, and you know, you can be in a very high position, but you recognize you're serving," she said. "And now all of a sudden, you're released and you're nobody. And we're used to that. It's like, we came and stepped forward to serve. And you know, the other part of it was an amazing thing, and it was really quite a lot of energy and a lot of passion and a lot of -- a lot of people around us and all of a sudden, it was nothing."
Since he lost the election, the only political statements Mitt Romney has made were to donors on a conference call a week after the election, in which he said Obama won because he gave "targeted groups ... a big gift," USA Today said.
Most Popular Stories
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market
- Samsung Phones Cleared For U.S. Government Use
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Disney's Animated Feature 'Moana' Slated for 2016 Release