Proximo will take over distribution of Jose Cuervo-brand tequila in the U.S. and Canada as of July 1, Casa Cuervo announced today. Privately owned Proximo, based in Jersey City, N.J., is a premium-spirits importer whose portfolio includes 1800 Tequila, Three Olives vodka and The Kraken Black Spiced Rum.
"We plan to make considerable investments in brand building and innovation for the Jose Cuervo portfolio to accelerate its growth," Mark Teasdale, Proximo CEO and president, said in a statement. He added that Proximo has more than doubled the size of the 1800 and Three Olives brands in just five years of business.
"(With) 10 generations of tequila-making in the family," Juan-Domingo Beckmann, CEO of Casa Cuervo S.A. de C.V., said in a statement, "Casa Cuervo is excited to embark on this next chapter in the strategic expansion of its world-renowned tequilas."
The Jose Cuervo brands include top-selling Jose Cuervo Especial Gold and Jose Cuervo Reserva de la Familia, as well as a branded margarita mix.
Most Popular Stories
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls