Proximo will take over distribution of Jose Cuervo-brand tequila in the U.S. and Canada as of July 1, Casa Cuervo announced today. Privately owned Proximo, based in Jersey City, N.J., is a premium-spirits importer whose portfolio includes 1800 Tequila, Three Olives vodka and The Kraken Black Spiced Rum.
"We plan to make considerable investments in brand building and innovation for the Jose Cuervo portfolio to accelerate its growth," Mark Teasdale, Proximo CEO and president, said in a statement. He added that Proximo has more than doubled the size of the 1800 and Three Olives brands in just five years of business.
"(With) 10 generations of tequila-making in the family," Juan-Domingo Beckmann, CEO of Casa Cuervo S.A. de C.V., said in a statement, "Casa Cuervo is excited to embark on this next chapter in the strategic expansion of its world-renowned tequilas."
The Jose Cuervo brands include top-selling Jose Cuervo Especial Gold and Jose Cuervo Reserva de la Familia, as well as a branded margarita mix.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women