Proximo will take over distribution of Jose Cuervo-brand tequila in the U.S. and Canada as of July 1, Casa Cuervo announced today. Privately owned Proximo, based in Jersey City, N.J., is a premium-spirits importer whose portfolio includes 1800 Tequila, Three Olives vodka and The Kraken Black Spiced Rum.
"We plan to make considerable investments in brand building and innovation for the Jose Cuervo portfolio to accelerate its growth," Mark Teasdale, Proximo CEO and president, said in a statement. He added that Proximo has more than doubled the size of the 1800 and Three Olives brands in just five years of business.
"(With) 10 generations of tequila-making in the family," Juan-Domingo Beckmann, CEO of Casa Cuervo S.A. de C.V., said in a statement, "Casa Cuervo is excited to embark on this next chapter in the strategic expansion of its world-renowned tequilas."
The Jose Cuervo brands include top-selling Jose Cuervo Especial Gold and Jose Cuervo Reserva de la Familia, as well as a branded margarita mix.
Most Popular Stories
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- Kurdish Militia Still Lack Weapons, Training
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Ebola Victim Was Sent Home by Dallas Hospital
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Group Offers Online Help for College Students
- Baker Hughes to Disclose Fracking Chemicals
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think