OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 03/01/13 -- On March 4, 2013, the Honourable Peter MacKay, Minister of National Defence, along with General Tom Lawson, Chief of the Defence Staff, will go through the new Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) Minimum Physical Fitness Standard. The session will be conducted directly following an announcement of the FORCE Program. The FORCE Program consists of both the FORCE Evaluation and its supporting exercise prescription.
When: Monday, March 4, 2013, from 09:30-11:00 a.m.
Where: Cartier Square Drill Hall, 2 Queen Elizabeth Drive, Ottawa
What: A formal announcement of the FORCE Program and a FORCE Evaluation trial with participation of the Minister of National Defence and the Chief of the Defence Staff. There will be remarks made prior to the trial and immediately afterwards.
Notes to editor/news director: Media planning to attend should be on site and in place no later than 09:15 a.m. Parking will be available at Cartier Square Drill Hall. Please use the main entrance which is facing the National Defence Headquarters building.
Contact information: For additional information, please contact Captain Paul Finnemore, 613-996-4620; cell: 613-979-1435; e-mail: Paul.Finnemore@forces.gc.ca
For more information on the FORCE Program: www.cfpsa.com/FORCEProgram
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- Depp, Pfister Are Tech Philosophers