OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 03/01/13 -- On March 4, 2013, the Honourable Peter MacKay, Minister of National Defence, along with General Tom Lawson, Chief of the Defence Staff, will go through the new Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) Minimum Physical Fitness Standard. The session will be conducted directly following an announcement of the FORCE Program. The FORCE Program consists of both the FORCE Evaluation and its supporting exercise prescription.
When: Monday, March 4, 2013, from 09:30-11:00 a.m.
Where: Cartier Square Drill Hall, 2 Queen Elizabeth Drive, Ottawa
What: A formal announcement of the FORCE Program and a FORCE Evaluation trial with participation of the Minister of National Defence and the Chief of the Defence Staff. There will be remarks made prior to the trial and immediately afterwards.
Notes to editor/news director: Media planning to attend should be on site and in place no later than 09:15 a.m. Parking will be available at Cartier Square Drill Hall. Please use the main entrance which is facing the National Defence Headquarters building.
Contact information: For additional information, please contact Captain Paul Finnemore, 613-996-4620; cell: 613-979-1435; e-mail: Paul.Finnemore@forces.gc.ca
For more information on the FORCE Program: www.cfpsa.com/FORCEProgram
Most Popular Stories
- The Commercial Appeal, Memphis, Tenn., John Beifuss column
- Cabot Street Cinema in Beverly for sale
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Travel Startup Localeur Expands to Houston
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Jolie Mastectomy Raises Legal Questions