Rock band Los Lonely Boys have postponed their concerts in Hawaii, scheduled for this weekend, due to an injury to guitarist/singer Henry Garza.
A brief message from Barbara Saito, of promoter Tom Moffatt's office, announced the postponement of the three concerts at about 11:15 a.m. today.
The message did not mention who was injured, but the group's Facebook page contains well wishes being sent to Henry Garza, who with brothers JoJo and Ringo Jr. comprise the trio, known for its power-rock, Latin-inflected tunes.
The band's Facebook page also contains a photo of someone in hospital scrubs and a mask giving a "thumbs-up" to the camera.
"Hey y'all! Those of you who are concerned with what happened can rest assure Henry is goin to be fine. He was injured quite badly. The extent of the injury and how it happened is not something we want to share at this time. Just know that he did fall, and was hurt. We will keep you all posted as to how he is doing. Thank you for all your concerns, love and prayers!" said a post on Facebook.
Garza was reportedly injured at a concert Wednesday in Downey, Calif.
Ticketholders to the Hawaii concerts, scheduled for Friday on Kauai, Saturday in Honolulu, and Sunday on Maui, are advised to hold on to their tickets as the concerts are expected to be rescheduled. For more information, call 593-8333.
Los Lonely Boys are featured in the Star-Advertiser's TGIF entertainment section, which will be circulated Friday. The section went to press before the injury and postponements occurred.
Most Popular Stories
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Brazil Braces for Street Protests at World Cup
- Boehner Hires Immigration Reform Expert
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Sprint Not Moving Headquarters to California
- Dennis Kozlowski, ex-Tyco CEO, to Be Paroled
- Healthcare.gov Update Gets Mixed Reviews
- Mexico Economy Secretary to Attend WTO Meeting
- Appeals Court Sides With Employers on Arbitration
- Miley Cyrus to Rihanna Lyrics: Top Yahoo Searches for 2013