The CW says it has canceled its California-set teen drama "90210" after five seasons.
"The CW has had five great seasons with America's favorite zip code, '90210,'" CW network president Mark Pedowitz said in a statement Thursday. "I'd like to thank the talented cast, producers, and crew for all their hard work and dedication to the series. We are very proud of the West Beverly High alumni."
UsMagazine.com said low ratings are to blame for the cancellation.
Michael Jackson's son Prince Michael Jackson is to make his acting debut in the May 13 series finale.
The show, a continuation of the popular 1990s young adult soap "Beverly Hills, 90210," co-stars AnnaLynne McCord, Shenae Grimes, Matt Lanter, Jessica Stroup and Jessica Lowndes.
Most Popular Stories
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- It's No Yolk: Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Replacing Eggs
- U.S. Stocks Rise on Sysco Acquisition