The CW says it has canceled its California-set teen drama "90210" after five seasons.
"The CW has had five great seasons with America's favorite zip code, '90210,'" CW network president Mark Pedowitz said in a statement Thursday. "I'd like to thank the talented cast, producers, and crew for all their hard work and dedication to the series. We are very proud of the West Beverly High alumni."
UsMagazine.com said low ratings are to blame for the cancellation.
Michael Jackson's son Prince Michael Jackson is to make his acting debut in the May 13 series finale.
The show, a continuation of the popular 1990s young adult soap "Beverly Hills, 90210," co-stars AnnaLynne McCord, Shenae Grimes, Matt Lanter, Jessica Stroup and Jessica Lowndes.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Jack White Records Songs, Releases Vinyl in Hours
- 420 Pot Holiday Tries To Go Mainstream
- Malaysia, Flight 370 Relatives Talk Financial Help
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Report: Next Iran Nuclear Talks Set for New York
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text