The CW says it has canceled its California-set teen drama "90210" after five seasons.
"The CW has had five great seasons with America's favorite zip code, '90210,'" CW network president Mark Pedowitz said in a statement Thursday. "I'd like to thank the talented cast, producers, and crew for all their hard work and dedication to the series. We are very proud of the West Beverly High alumni."
UsMagazine.com said low ratings are to blame for the cancellation.
Michael Jackson's son Prince Michael Jackson is to make his acting debut in the May 13 series finale.
The show, a continuation of the popular 1990s young adult soap "Beverly Hills, 90210," co-stars AnnaLynne McCord, Shenae Grimes, Matt Lanter, Jessica Stroup and Jessica Lowndes.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Risks of Layoffs Becoming Rarer in U.S.
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years